Playing your Best?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

I was wondering what people do to play well consistently. Personally when I play support a couple things can happen.

1. Literal quotes from ADC... "Best (Champion) NA", "Best Support Ever", etc...
Keep track of ally+enemy jungler, harass, zone, win trades, predict and dodge enemy skill shots, keep 3 timers going on in my head, watch for ganks, plan 3 steps ahead of the enemy, etc.

2. Almost no map awareness. I forget to call timers. I walk directly into skill shots. I constantly get caught. Even if I try to keep my map awareness up I still fail. The worst part is I can't even land targeted skills.

Game type 2 can be before or after Game type 1, therefore I have no idea why I cannot perform up to par. If anyone has suggestions they would be much appreciated!

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Happens to everybody. Best advice I can give is don't be the guy that forgets about his own game 2s when he's having a game 1 and a teammate's having a game 2.

Ethri

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
Happens to everybody. Best advice I can give is don't be the guy that forgets about his own game 2s when he's having a game 1 and a teammate's having a game 2.
Oh, don't worry I usually defend someone who is doing poorly (unless they are getting mad at me for something they messed up on, which I simply ignore their ranting). I just hate when I have a streak where I apply all my LoL knowledge, then there seems to be a couple days where I can't even see the jungler/ ganks coming as support.

Notorious P I P

01-26-2013

Losers always whine about their best... Winners go home and #@$& the prom queen. Name that movie!

Reality Bytez

01-26-2013

Mainly because you are facing many different people. Some people are way better at skill shots than others.

Sorinta

01-26-2013

That happens me some times too. There are several reason you can have an off game, even if you are playing a champion you are very good at.

The first is that your laning partner just isn't syncing up with you well. Maybe you are very aggressive and they are defensive. Maybe you are both very aggressive get carried away when together. Maybe they just suck or are new with their champion.

The second is maybe you got some match up your not used to. They are using champions you have not seen before or a strange build. Maybe they are playing a champion that directly counters you or directly counters your laning partner.

Lastly maybe you are just off your game that day. Unless you are a professional that plays 10 hours a day, everyone has a off game. Maybe your teammates are annoying or whining you and it is frustrating you, maybe you are playing against someone who is just at the top of their game and doing great so you are having trouble against them.

My advice is to try and remain calm and not get frustrated. It is easy to make mistakes when you get behind or get frustrated. You see someone hurt and normally when you wouldn't risk it, you go for it because you need to catch up and that can get you killed.

Or something happens and there is no wards on the map you might be tempted to quickly rush out and ward things as quickly as possible to regain better map awareness, but then it is very easy to get caught.

That is where having nice teammates help. Because if they nag you, it kind of makes you play more carelessly in an attempt to catch up. You don't want to ever get desperate.

Kystys

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinta View Post
That is where having nice teammates help. Because if they nag you, it kind of makes you play more carelessly in an attempt to catch up. You don't want to ever get desperate.

Don't know about you but from my experience they're few and far between.