Possible solutions to Ranked Solo

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Smushynumnum

01-23-2013

First time poster here. I have to say, I kind of agree, it's pretty frustrating going into ranked with several frustrating issues you don't see in normal. I've encountered a lot of games with people specifically wanting one or two specific roles, and leave in the queue when they don't get what they want. Waste of a good 5-10 minutes there. Then, should they not get first blood, not be perfect within the 8-10 levels, good chance they'll feed or afk. I agree that normal games tend to run smoother, with ironically less liklihood of afkers, or feeders. It might be interesting to analyze the difference amongst ranked vs normal, and the likelihood of this happening.

Anywho I'm rambling. I read a couple of posts that a bunch of people are waiting a few weeks for season three, might be a less abundance of scrubs. I think it's also kind of lame that there's a duo option even available, also adds to the inequality. Since elo was developed around the premise of chess (1v1), I think similar to how Halo3 did it, a good option would be to grant elo depending on certain actions or outcomes per individual. I.E. someone who's 9/3/15 should not be penalized as much of an elo loss as someone who's 0/7/6. Just as conversely, someone who's 13/1/15 should be granted more elo than someone who's 4/8/12. Thoughts?

KarmicKatri

01-23-2013

KDR Needs to be taken into consideration, Absolute sick of feeders.

adc

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushynumnum View Post
First time poster here. I have to say, I kind of agree, it's pretty frustrating going into ranked with several frustrating issues you don't see in normal. I've encountered a lot of games with people specifically wanting one or two specific roles, and leave in the queue when they don't get what they want. Waste of a good 5-10 minutes there. Then, should they not get first blood, not be perfect within the 8-10 levels, good chance they'll feed or afk. I agree that normal games tend to run smoother, with ironically less liklihood of afkers, or feeders. It might be interesting to analyze the difference amongst ranked vs normal, and the likelihood of this happening.

Anywho I'm rambling. I read a couple of posts that a bunch of people are waiting a few weeks for season three, might be a less abundance of scrubs. I think it's also kind of lame that there's a duo option even available, also adds to the inequality. Since elo was developed around the premise of chess (1v1), I think similar to how Halo3 did it, a good option would be to grant elo depending on certain actions or outcomes per individual. I.E. someone who's 9/3/15 should not be penalized as much of an elo loss as someone who's 0/7/6. Just as conversely, someone who's 13/1/15 should be granted more elo than someone who's 4/8/12. Thoughts?
Ok, so then people play Darius and steal all the kills, making them gain more Elo and their team gain less. I played a game where I went 9/3/7 as Graves. Sounds like I carried, right? Nope, I tried my god damn hardest not to feed and had a really hard time all game, but managed to get a good score because I'm the ADC - and that's what the ADC does. He kills things. The rest of my team all had negative scores (5/5 being the best beyond my 9/3), yet I would still say I had no hand in carrying the game beyond what any normal ADC will do. I didn't make **** happen, I just autoattacked.

KDR doesn't mean anything in League. It's all about who kills the enemy Nexus. Sure, KDR /helps/ with that, but it's by no means a requirement. And you can't judge based on it.

Mothalius

01-23-2013

Another person complaining about lack of teamwork in SOLO queue. If you want better teamwork, play duo/5-man.

KarmicKatri

01-23-2013

Adding KDR into consideration would also give my teammates incentive to NOT FEED EVERY GAME.

Smushynumnum

01-23-2013

Don't necessarily think KDR should be the only thing taken into consideration. They could also consider - elo if a teammate leaves, or feeds. You could also grant + elo for tower kills, certain benchmarks for each particular role - for instance support's main purpose is well, support. Kind of difficult to differentiate this one, but + elo for teamwork or helpfulness.

Regarding duo/5 man queue - think duo should be removed to make it an equal playing field.

Smushynumnum

01-23-2013

Add on: Could also give - elo for leaving during champ selection, and not just make the player wait 5-15 minutes.

xXLe0Xx

01-23-2013

adding KDR would also promote kill stealing and we all know what happens when someone steals a kill... >.> so sick of "KS KS KS"
It will also view support and tank scores more negatively. 0/4/17 and other such scores.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-23-2013

So if I play a hundred games and manage to win them all despite going 0/10/2 in all 100 games, I deserve lower Elo then someone that goes 5/1/0 in 100 games but lost them all?

Smushynumnum

01-23-2013

Agreed, it would have to be multi-dimensional. Since support doesn't have the same K/D ratio, the assists would have to be considered. You have to agree however, that if someone by far outperforms - 20/2/30 with 250 minions - should outweigh in some algorithm someone who afk's - 0/2/3 - 20 minions, performs poorly - 2/13/5 - or comes in with poor attitude - 4 reports of attitude or verbal abuse, or something similar.

12345 ... 6