Looking for high elo mentor/coach

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaun101

01-23-2013

someone who is willing to help me progress as a player so that i can get myself to a higher level in the game. I don't want to be rude but im only looking for someone of 1700+ elo. Ty

missou

01-23-2013

Looking at your ranked stats, you play a ton of champions here and there, which isn't bad, especially if you're counterpicking, but it's very helpful to find one main champion and bring your understanding of it to the next level.

For me that was Cho'Gath. I mained him top, learned every one of his matchups, and was stuck in the 1400s, and had no idea why, because I would seemingly never lose lane. I got stuck because that wasn't what "next level" means. Only by bringing him to jungle, mid, and even support too, was I able to realize what I was doing wrong. Cho support might sound stupid, but being able to switch mindsets using the identical kit is really helpful. It allows you to see the ins and outs of very different playstyles and when the same move might be game-winning or game-losing. In top lane I would just get a lead and try to rambo through every teamfight, thinking that's what fed bruisers did. But going to support, I was able to see that even a dumb support Cho could contribute more to a teamfight than a 5/0 monster top lane Cho by having a clear focus, e.g. peeling for the ADC. I learned how vital it was to save my spells for the right moment, how I needed to rupture on my ADC instead of on the low HP enemy support, or silence the enemy APC instead of trying to grab a kill on a low HP target with it.

And now I've bumped my ELO up nearly 200 over the last week into the mid 1700s, maining none other than shtty support Cho.

You do not need someone to help you progress, you need to put yourself out there and try to progress on your own first. Don't pidgeonhole yourself into the meta; learning via others to form "good habits" is nothing like learning for yourself and forming not good habits, but good understanding.

iDpark

01-24-2013

Also take in mind that 1700+ elo is kinda like the the top 10-15%
I believe that 1500+ is like top 20-25 percentile.

Don't expect others falling over themselves to help people.
Work on your gameplay, download LOLrecorder and analyze what you're doing wrong.
Use death timers to not play a round of Robot unicorn attack, but to think about why you died, and what you can do to prevent it.

BigDaddyBeef

03-07-2013

I would be willing to coach you, I'm an 1800+ solo queue player, just add me in game or message me here