Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked is an utter joke.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KarmicKatri

01-23-2013

How can I get a positive KDR NEARLY EVERY GAME while my allies continue to get 5+ deaths a game? Ranked has worse players than normal and there is no way to climb this ladder without single handedly winning games yourself. I am going to start only picking one champ and playing ranked because IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER. Don't bother replying I know what I see and this ranked is a JOKE.

EvanIfy

01-23-2013

Play with a duo partner, makes it easier to help your team not feed.

KarmicKatri

01-23-2013

Quote:
EvanIfy:
Play with a duo partner, makes it easier to help your team not feed.

Tried, Doesn't work. The other three players feed relentless most games. They make stupid decision and don't try to win. I fell from 1450 to the 900's because of this garbage. I am done with this worthless ranked system. Normal Games are higher quality and more fair than this garbage.

Vrykonik

01-23-2013

Your right that you have to try and win games. That is what climbing in ELO is all about really. People who have high ELO don't blame their team for their losses. It doesn't matter if you win every game or not, you just have to win the games you're supposed to win to stay even and you climb if you win 1-2 that you shouldn't win. But calling your team garbage and saying there is no way to climb... Well only the best players in the world in ANY sport certainly don't get where they are by behaving or fooling themselves into that fallacy.

footfoe

01-23-2013

just hope that you're on the other team next time.

KarmicKatri

01-23-2013

No way to climb with all the feeders anyway.

footfoe

01-23-2013

how come the feeders are never on the other team?

KarmicKatri

01-23-2013

Oh look another Trash Vi with 9 deaths to my 2:1 KDR. I am going back to DotA, at least in that game you can 1v5 a team if you are good enough. In this game your skill doesn't mean anything because of feeders holding you back. GG WP Enjoy your trash "Ranked" System.

Mothalius

01-23-2013

Dude, you're playing solo queue and complaining about teamwork. It's solo queue. Most pro players will tell you that if you're playing solo queue, it's to make yourself better. If you want teamwork, duo or 5-man.

Smushynumnum

01-23-2013

First time poster here. I have to say, I kind of agree, it's pretty frustrating going into ranked with several frustrating issues you don't see in normal. I've encountered a lot of games with people specifically wanting one or two specific roles, and leave in the queue when they don't get what they want. Waste of a good 5-10 minutes there. Then, should they not get first blood, not be perfect within the 8-10 levels, good chance they'll feed or afk. I agree that normal games tend to run smoother, with ironically less liklihood of afkers, or feeders. It might be interesting to analyze the difference amongst ranked vs normal, and the likelihood of this happening.

Anywho I'm rambling. I read a couple of posts that a bunch of people are waiting a few weeks for season three, might be a less abundance of scrubs. I think it's also kind of lame that there's a duo option even available, also adds to the inequality. Since elo was developed around the premise of chess (1v1), I think similar to how Halo3 did it, a good option would be to grant elo depending on certain actions or outcomes per individual. I.E. someone who's 9/3/15 should not be penalized as much of an elo loss as someone who's 0/7/6. Just as conversely, someone who's 13/1/15 should be granted more elo than someone who's 4/8/12. Thoughts?