What are the best city builder games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coast2Coast

01-23-2013

I've been really wanting to play a great city builder game that has several involved aspects to it. Something along the lines of Caeser III. I've tried Civilization V but it seems to have more emphasis on fighting than city planning, resource management and trading. Which is fine in its own way but I want something a bit more involved.

Oh and is Thresh op or balanced? Now it's lol related.

Memorylame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

I like the Tropicos...I just like the whole Sim-Dictator idea...

Glacier Pegasus

01-23-2013

Age of Empires?

SP3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Good n old SimCity 4.

A new simcity will be released in february 2013 if you're interested. Requires constant internet access (like diablo 3) though, which is one reason I'm not going to buy it.

Snakeblade

01-23-2013

Strong hold 3's catch phrase is "the best castle builder" and it does not disappoint but the best civilization builder woukd have to be tropico. Real problems real economic choices and a grat humor to make all the real "boring" things a lot more fun.

Coast2Coast

01-23-2013

What reason do they need a constant connection?

Sojs

01-23-2013

play Pharaoh it's a classic rts city builder from 97 but it's great if you're into that stuff

if you don't play it on lower then normal difficulty some missions are a fking nightmare especially later into the campaign

I play it when I'm in ranked queue :P

if you actually wanted to beat every mission you would probably be occupied for months

sleepisdeath

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish n Chicks View Post
Good n old SimCity 4.
this^^. tested many and only sc4 was and is the best

Vixsy

01-23-2013

Romanum Imperium is one I enjoyed until no support for Windows 7 . All of the Tropicos are great. AoE is a great oldie. Stronghold games as well.

Dryad Soraka

01-23-2013

Hello! Here are some great city builders:

Anno 2070, Anno 1404 (VERY fun! Also trade simulation as well)
Badass new SimCity coming out in a couple months.
Tropico 3 etc..