Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

An easy fix for miscommunication in game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hobojangles

01-23-2013

Hey riot, just cc'ing this from the player behavior forums, as it may fit here:

Original link: na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3035375

Hey everyone. As you know, there's been a rise in trolling and miscommunication /no communication lately in game, and unfortunately most of us can only take so much until we snap and make an outburst.

Here's my suggestion: as in similar games, a chat wheel/emote wheel is used (DOTA for example) to simplify communication in game. MIA's and calls to defend or push have a audible notification in the in game chat, and also make it easier for those who don't speak the native language of the server, for they only have to click a command or push a button

This would also allow us who wish to stay mute or ignore overzealous/toxic teammates, can still communicate what needs to be called out without having to take on trolling/abusive teammates' onslaught in team chat.

It's a small idea I thought of yesterday after probably one of the most frustrating games, where I snapped near the end and post lobby. This would make it much easier to keep your cool, I think, and it could give a big helping hand to our non-English speaking peers