Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Just out of Curiousity, Do you Miss Pricilla's Blessing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeCKS Egai

01-23-2013

I know I miss it a bit, even though without it Dom's a lot less hectic. Seeing the Ram's or eve's and shaco's sneak a cap or neutral made things feel more fast paced for me, thoughts?

Foxxle

01-23-2013

Nope, I'm glad that it's gone. Backdooring every point as Rammus and speeding off again when/if you manage to interrupt the cap at all is really not my idea of a fun game. Unless you're the Rammus maybe.

NamKim

01-23-2013

I joined up after Pricilla's Blessings.

However, just from reactions I get whenever I bring up pooting, I would say capture rating might be best untouched. I think it was TheFeedski who saw Pooterss in a game and stated that this game was not going to be fun. Which is the opposite of what Dominion is. Dominion is a very fun map for the casual gamers while a very competitive map for the competitive players.

But if Riot did want to try this again. I would suggest making it a high risk-high reward situation. Add a couple of items that increases capture rates. Players would need to do a full backdoor build to make it effective. But it also means they're going to be incredibly vulnerable if caught. Reward the people who have incredible map awareness going the backdoor route, but make sure that those with poor map awareness are punished for going this route.

But like I said, I'm against this route.

I would, however, like to see the reversal of this. Meaning, an item that doesn't increase capture rates, but an item that decreases an enemy's capture rate. It could be an active and similar to a weaker garrison. This is under the assumption that Dom Summoner Spells are going to be somewhat reworked. I would imagine that Revive, Garrison, and Exhaust would receive at least some type of nerf while the other summoner spells would receive some type of buff to make them more viable.

Keep in mind that this was just a random thought in my head that I did not fully think through. I just think it would be an interesting idea to play around with capture rates. Especially for bot laners.

Orphane

01-23-2013

Not in the slightest. That thing should stay in the garbage bin.

LadysKnight

01-23-2013

I miss it because Janna was amazing at that. Priscilla's, mobility boots and warmogs, too fun.

Risemix

01-23-2013

It wasn't a completely terrible idea, but in practice it led to some pretty silly gameplay that was only fun for the guy using/abusing it. I'd like to see the mechanic come back in a form that's less abusable or more of a reward, like as part of the Stormshield buff or something (hand waving, btw).

RockJockey

01-24-2013

Perhaps if they made it something to fight over like a relic? Only one team could get it at a time.

Phourc

01-24-2013

Nooope.

VoidInsanity

01-24-2013

This item was in the age of dominion before the "Real OP's" were used and abused. Back then before all the problems we have now this item was broken, think how broken it would be if used on kassadin? Yeah, no thanks.

MMKH

01-24-2013

Meh, I don't miss it as it was too expensive and it was at time where there was no meta except for backdooring and bruisers.