Australian Duo looking to start a team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Private Crabs

01-23-2013

OK Gizzel LoL, I'm spectating one of your games right now and as I suspected you don't even know the basics of the game. Sure, you've picked up kills, but you're CSing badly and you threw your lead away by mindlessly pushing without watching the map (sometimes without wards, sometimes just pushing to the point that the wards don't matter).

What you're displaying here is a classic case of Dunning-Kruger (read the summary to see what I'm getting at). If you simply accept that you're making lots of mistakes and focus on fixing them, you'd be out of "Elo hell" already.

You're going to win this game because of Riven and your own gold lead, but I'm willing to bet you've lost lots of games where you were ahead because of making basic mistakes like these.

Edit: lol caught again mid more overextended than I've seen in my life while the smarter decision would have been to join your team bot.

Edit 2: lol chasing amumu past enemy inhibitor with entire enemy team next to you

AUS Final Spark

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Crabs View Post
I'm an Aussie and I play at 250 ms. A lot of my friends are 1800+. There are a lot of Australians at 2k Elo. An example of an Aussie who plays with 260 ping constantly (confirmed on his stream) is Im Heavenz Intel, who was regularly on the front page of the ladder in S2. He mainly plays skillshot and timing reliant champions, proving that 250 ping is something you can get used to (the rest of Team Immunity are diamond players too with similar ping by the way).

There's a difference between playing/watching tons of games and actually improving. You need to examine what went bad each game and how you can improve it. If you don't recognise you're a bad player, then you suck at improving. I've played a lot fewer games of LoL than you but I can guarantee I would think you're a ****** if I were to watch you (just like you would think I was a ****** if you watched me a year or so ago).

Whoa bro, chill out. This is something I see common in low Elo, people get angry over everything and have bad attitudes in general. I would know, because I've spent a lot of time in low Elo in the past and I was one of you people.

I agree partially with what you are saying - there are a lot of games that cannot be won, even by a good player. That said, if you're a good player you will win a higher number of games than you lose. If you're losing lots of games, might I suggest that it's not your team but your own decisions that are subpar? I don't care if you go 10/1/10 in lane, it doesn't mean **** with regards to winning games. If you don't see this, well, that explains your Elo.

I agree, Athene is a bit of a tard in some respects. That said, he's at his Elo says something about how bad you are (and I am). I already said it - I'm bad. I'm worse than Athene, what can I say? But the fact that you're much worse than Athene really says something about your game knowledge. Sure, your mechanics and lane decisions are probably better, but you're severely lacking in basic game knowledge.

Edit: Funnily enough, in your case you can't even play in lane it seems. Your average deaths are terrible, even for 1200 Elo or wherever you are.
also, you lose a **** ton of games in the first 30 placement games. So. you could have a higher ratio, but got ****ed by the first 30. many things lead to **** elo, but has little reflect on skill.

Private Crabs

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzel LoL View Post
also, you lose a **** ton of games in the first 30 placement games. So. you could have a higher ratio, but got ****ed by the first 30. many things lead to **** elo, but has little reflect on skill.
I dunno man, there's a pretty clear difference between each level of Elo. I would know. I've been to these places. I can give you brief summaries of the average player at each level of Elo:

1000: Usually playing all sorts of champions for the first time. Rarely any wards anywhere except for the occasional ward from the support in the river (usually in the wrong location). A large amount of the game is spent with people walking back and forth in the mid lane.

1200: People are more familiar with the champions here. Some of them are actually quite good at the champion. Unfortunately, their lack of basics lets them down. If they ward (still rare at this Elo) the ward is usually in the wrong spot. In addition, the average 1200 player still lacks enough map awareness and lane mechanics to avoid ganks. The average 1200 Elo player still has the same attitude problems a 1000 Elo player has, that is, if they die to a gank they will usually blame the jungler or mid. CSing skills are usually subpar - even if they're dominating their lane, their CS will usually be under 100 by 15 minutes. 1200 also has the problem of spending a large amount of the game in 5v5 situations mid.

1400: You see more non-FOTM champions here, and people are usually good at the champion they're playing. Wards are usually in the right position, but players at this Elo still tend to get caught by ganks due to overextending or being baited by perceived stupidity of the enemy. People are a bit smarter here. Usually the mid inhib is still the first to go down, but they'll push another lane once that happens.

1600: This is where the average player finally learns how not to die in lane. It still happens (people die to ganks even in 2k+ Elo) but it's usually a lot harder to catch them. CSing is usually very good at this Elo - they still miss a fair few, and you'll always miss CS if the enemy is aggressive enough, but they usually get all of the easy CS. At 1500-1600 is where people start to contest buffs. At 7:20 there's usually a fight over one of the blue buffs in an attempt to steal/secure it. This is also the Elo at which people correctly recognise the right time to take dragon or baron - below this Elo a baron/dragon attempt is usually very risky or only done when extremely safe.

Elo has little to do with wins and losses. It's more to do with your knowledge of the game. If you have better knowledge, you win more games against people who lack knowledge you have, meaning you gain Elo. If your knowledge is about equal to the enemy team, then you'll tend to win/lose 50/50. If your knowledge is worse than the enemy team, of course, you'll lose more games and lose Elo until you're at an Elo that matches your knowledge.

Tál

01-23-2013

bump

Ned Kelly Au

01-23-2013

gizzel i scrimmed against you a few times and you had alot of flaws when i laned against you 1v1. i know i have 1000 things i could work on. and if i beat you in lane 2 games in a row then i am sure you have alot you can work on aswell. No offence intended

AUS Final Spark

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Crabs View Post
OK Gizzel LoL, I'm spectating one of your games right now and as I suspected you don't even know the basics of the game. Sure, you've picked up kills, but you're CSing badly and you threw your lead away by mindlessly pushing without watching the map (sometimes without wards, sometimes just pushing to the point that the wards don't matter).

What you're displaying here is a classic case of Dunning-Kruger (read the summary to see what I'm getting at). If you simply accept that you're making lots of mistakes and focus on fixing them, you'd be out of "Elo hell" already.

You're going to win this game because of Riven and your own gold lead, but I'm willing to bet you've lost lots of games where you were ahead because of making basic mistakes like these.

Edit: lol caught again mid more overextended than I've seen in my life while the smarter decision would have been to join your team bot.

Edit 2: lol chasing amumu past enemy inhibitor with entire enemy team next to you
you do realise i was ****ing around right? if im not in a ranked, im ****ing around. i bought that champ just before that game started.. so dumb.

AUS Final Spark

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4A1K Worst Mid View Post
gizzel i scrimmed against you a few times and you had alot of flaws when i laned against you 1v1. i know i have 1000 things i could work on. and if i beat you in lane 2 games in a row then i am sure you have alot you can work on aswell. No offence intended
lol are you kidding? i trashed you in mid and you talked ****. it was amusing really. i even offered you a 1v1, dodge. you're easily one of the worst mids NA.

Ned Kelly Au

01-23-2013

happy to 1v1 you now.

AUS Final Spark

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4A1K Worst Mid View Post
happy to 1v1 you now.
sure. i wouldnt recommend picking karthus again tho LOLOLOLOLOL

Ned Kelly Au

01-23-2013

You need to be online to lose.