Australian Duo looking to start a team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tál

01-23-2013

Hi there!

Myself and Snaker571 have recently grown bored of the amount of trolls that we find in duo queue and are looking to start a semi-serious ranked team to try and hit gold. I am at 1250 at the moment and he is at 1300.

We are on oceanic timetables (GMT+10) so if you are a night owl or are in the land of barren ping we need you!

We are looking for

Support

If you would like to know please post here, email me on elw.sinclair@gmail.com or post me in game.

snaker571

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

^^^^^^^^ I will probably mid and tal will probably go top lane. We can use skype/vent for communication. Would prefer if you would stick to a role once you take it, and also know how to play it decently i.e last hitting, map awareness, buying wards etc...

Private Crabs

01-23-2013

Your Elo has nothing to do with trolls bro. Just focus on being less bad (I'm still bad personally even though I'm 1700) and you'll gain Elo easily. Basically if you're still at 1250/1300, you don't even know the basics of the game, so you're wasting your time trying to make a ranked team (it's like trying to run before you can stand).

Tál

01-23-2013

bump

Tál

01-23-2013

bump

snaker571

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Crabs View Post
Your Elo has nothing to do with trolls bro. Just focus on being less bad (I'm still bad personally even though I'm 1700) and you'll gain Elo easily. Basically if you're still at 1250/1300, you don't even know the basics of the game, so you're wasting your time trying to make a ranked team (it's like trying to run before you can stand).
i've played over 3000 games of LoL i watch pro livestreams and a lot of torunament games to try and improve...i am getting better gradually...also we aussies play at 230 ms all the time

Tál

01-23-2013

We currently have a jungler

so just in need of a bottom duo

AUS Final Spark

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Crabs View Post
That is the dumbest **** ive ever heard. Basics? If you're not a complete tard you should know how to play regardless of elo. Solo que elo "unless you get carried in duo" is luck. You can do amazing, but have 4 **** team mates. You could be against better players, or you could stomp the other team. You could have afkers, Trolls who feed, junglers who farm 24/7 and dont gank, the list go's on and on.

If you think having high elo makes you automatically a good player, you should uninstall. Have you see Athene play? He has higher elo than you. And my 2 year old daughter would be the better player.

Private Crabs

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaker571 View Post
i've played over 3000 games of LoL i watch pro livestreams and a lot of torunament games to try and improve...i am getting better gradually...also we aussies play at 230 ms all the time
I'm an Aussie and I play at 250 ms. A lot of my friends are 1800+. There are a lot of Australians at 2k Elo. An example of an Aussie who plays with 260 ping constantly (confirmed on his stream) is Im Heavenz Intel, who was regularly on the front page of the ladder in S2. He mainly plays skillshot and timing reliant champions, proving that 250 ping is something you can get used to (the rest of Team Immunity are diamond players too with similar ping by the way).

There's a difference between playing/watching tons of games and actually improving. You need to examine what went bad each game and how you can improve it. If you don't recognise you're a bad player, then you suck at improving. I've played a lot fewer games of LoL than you but I can guarantee I would think you're a ****** if I were to watch you (just like you would think I was a ****** if you watched me a year or so ago).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzel LoL View Post
That is the dumbest **** ive ever heard. Basics? If you're not a complete tard you should know how to play regardless of elo. Solo que elo "unless you get carried in duo" is luck. You can do amazing, but have 4 **** team mates. You could be against better players, or you could stomp the other team. You could have afkers, Trolls who feed, junglers who farm 24/7 and dont gank, the list go's on and on.

If you think having high elo makes you automatically a good player, you should uninstall. Have you see Athene play? He has higher elo than you. And my 2 year old daughter would be the better player.
Whoa bro, chill out. This is something I see common in low Elo, people get angry over everything and have bad attitudes in general. I would know, because I've spent a lot of time in low Elo in the past and I was one of you people.

I agree partially with what you are saying - there are a lot of games that cannot be won, even by a good player. That said, if you're a good player you will win a higher number of games than you lose. If you're losing lots of games, might I suggest that it's not your team but your own decisions that are subpar? I don't care if you go 10/1/10 in lane, it doesn't mean **** with regards to winning games. If you don't see this, well, that explains your Elo.

I agree, Athene is a bit of a tard in some respects. That said, he's at his Elo says something about how bad you are (and I am). I already said it - I'm bad. I'm worse than Athene, what can I say? But the fact that you're much worse than Athene really says something about your game knowledge. Sure, your mechanics and lane decisions are probably better, but you're severely lacking in basic game knowledge.

Edit: Funnily enough, in your case you can't even play in lane it seems. Your average deaths are terrible, even for 1200 Elo or wherever you are.

Tál

01-23-2013

bamp