Someone explain to me how this keeps happening...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptBananas

01-23-2013

Can we just take a moment and dicuss why players like this are still the rule, and not the exception?

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...11283760_n.jpg

Interceptor09

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBananas View Post
Can we just take a moment and dicuss why players like this are still the rule, and not the exception?

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...11283760_n.jpg
off the top of my head:

1. because the game is free to play
2. losing brings out the worst in some people
3. adolescents
4. account banned? just make a new one.

in fact - banning an abusive player and allowing him to return probably ensures that he will just be even more toxic on his next account. the system has good intentions, but is just too impotent. if this riot is ever going to make a dent in the cesspool that is the LoL playerbase, they need to at least start banning emails associated with toxic accounts. yes I know an email acct is simple to create, but if it prevents 1 in 10 jerks from returning, thats at least something.

Cheshire Lunacy

01-23-2013

I am not sure why banned accounts are allowed to post on the forums, banned from game should meen banned from the site as well, even if its just a 1 day ban you should have no access to the forums.

bans should also include either an IP (internet Protocal not influince points) lock on the player meening they can't get anot another account, or some other variety of mass lock down on a player

just my views but im likely to get downvoted for it

but i feel a ban should be like a grounding if a parent sends their child to their room for misbehaving whats the point in it if the child still can have fun while being on time out (ie internet or video game consoloes) time bans should be exactly like that

a lock down on their account(s) and removeall of their privleges to the forums.thus properly removing the toxic player from the game. a ban should be used to make the player actually think about their behavior, not go at it and keep at it.

that is all

sorry for the long speel upvote/downvote at your disgresion

CaptBananas

01-24-2013

Seriously, I still have the video of this guy and his awful behavior. Calling my GF (who played as Soraka) all manner of horrible terms.

The tribunal is STILL out, so how is this guy supposed to get his punishment...?

Anzell

01-25-2013

If that's how that person acts in just one game I bet they have a wave of reports from all their games.
Unlikely you will ever have to see/play with them again. Even if the account is banned and they just create a new, they have to get from levels 1-30 again.

Niiro13

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Lunacy View Post
I am not sure why banned accounts are allowed to post on the forums, banned from game should meen banned from the site as well, even if its just a 1 day ban you should have no access to the forums.

bans should also include either an IP (internet Protocal not influince points) lock on the player meening they can't get anot another account, or some other variety of mass lock down on a player

just my views but im likely to get downvoted for it

but i feel a ban should be like a grounding if a parent sends their child to their room for misbehaving whats the point in it if the child still can have fun while being on time out (ie internet or video game consoloes) time bans should be exactly like that

a lock down on their account(s) and removeall of their privleges to the forums.thus properly removing the toxic player from the game. a ban should be used to make the player actually think about their behavior, not go at it and keep at it.

that is all

sorry for the long speel upvote/downvote at your disgresion
I agree with you, except it might hurt more to ban the IP then help. What if someone's using an apartment's internet? You just banned the entire apartment from the game. Even in a family, I don't think that one family member being toxic should affect the others. Don't forget about some workplaces with a single IP as well. I'm also sure some people still go to internet cafes to play or places like the library or coffee shops.

Course it would be nice if the MAC address could be given, then you're only banning one computer. This wouldn't work for permanent bans, though, since that wouldn't be fun for the person if a banned computer was sold to them.

All in all, it's difficult to ban a person, since there's nothing that identifies the person (until we get to the age where everyone's tracked and online verification is done with fingerprints or DNA :P)

As for the forums thing, I definitely agree with that too. It actually surprises me that banned people can still post on the forums with their banned account instead of creating a new one. It's not like the forums are the place to appeal, anyway.