Underestimated Support Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BK Ambientz

01-23-2013

My mind boggles everytime a thread like this pops up

mendeleyev

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Sythen View Post
My mind boggles everytime a thread like this pops up

Why? It is just theorycrafting. At high Elo would this work? Probably or most certainly not, but this is just a game. We don't lose anything, besides maybe 30-40 minutes trying something new - especially in a random

BK Ambientz

01-23-2013

Why do 3 or 4 others deserve to lose 30-40 minutes of their time with you trying something? The reasons why these things dont work, gets highlighted in each and every thread like this. You'll fall off late game. Supports bring other things you wont have late game. Things like this are for normals, and are called kill lanes. Ashe isnt a support, and sadly cant be used as one. If you want a ranged support who can harass with a slow, take Lulu.

For all means play her bot lane with an AD, just don't call it support :P

M4nTiCoR3

01-23-2013

Quote:
Why do 3 or 4 others deserve to lose 30-40 minutes of their time with you trying something? The reasons why these things dont work, gets highlighted in each and every thread like this. You'll fall off late game. Supports bring other things you wont have late game.
People like this are the epitome of sheep. All they do is follow the paths of those brave enough to blaze new trails. I have been playing since before there even was a season one. I have seen the all AD teams replaced by the all AP AoE teams, replaced by the 5 man Tank Teams, replaced by the current meta.

I have seen countless champions move from one role to another and go from worst champ ever to flavor of the month and back again. People who try new things find new ways to play successfully.

I am not saying "Support Ashe" is anything special. I agree in way with you that its not a true support in the traditional sense of the word. Fact is that all support style champs who give up cs to another more specialized AD champ fall off late game. its only their skills that keep them relveant. Ashes perma slow and AoE stun are not to be taken lightly at any stage of the game. She can rack up a huge early assist count that translates into aura items to further help her team win late. Its not complete trash, and i cant see if played well how it wastes anyone's time... especially in normal's where experimentation should be encouraged. If you want to play seriously competitive games and only want the current meta then play ranked. That's where it belongs.

Will all experiments work out...no. Will some cap earlier than others in ranked game play...yes. But either way playing something new and different can be mentally challenging and fun and rewarding if it works. Don't discourage creativity and pretend your above what you are...a follower. You will follow the current fotm until the next one comes out.

/rant

TLDR: BK is a sheep, I tried this out today in normals myself...it worked about as well as Vlad did my first time, but there is potential to be had. Mid to late game i was able to keep my carries engaged with fleeing champs vias the stun/slows and allowed them to rack up multiple kills. I also saved several of them that got out of position with similar CC success. There is no denying Ashe has the potential to feed a friend heavily if played properly. Some hybrid of this idea might be an ideal way to play her since she doesn't really scale as well off of AD as most other mainstream ADC's, but her CC is **** for feeding them. call it a kill lane, low creep/poke build, or whatever you like...i will experiment some more and let you know what i find.

-gap81 out

PS: if you want to add me so you can duo que this with someone who gets this, look me up. I'll roll with ya.

BK Ambientz

01-23-2013

Baahhhh Baahhh. I clearly stated its fine in normals, where people can't take advantages of an underfarmed ashe late game. A support can do everything a "support" ashe can do, but better, and won't fall off late game because item builds are designed around the champion.

Eualcides

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Sythen View Post
Why do 3 or 4 others deserve to lose 30-40 minutes of their time with you trying something? The reasons why these things dont work, gets highlighted in each and every thread like this. You'll fall off late game. Supports bring other things you wont have late game. Things like this are for normals, and are called kill lanes. Ashe isnt a support, and sadly cant be used as one. If you want a ranged support who can harass with a slow, take Lulu.

For all means play her bot lane with an AD, just don't call it support :P
So far I've only played this in normal and it's worked great. I don't pretend that this guide is for either high elo or ranked play. I believe it's viable in both but I will not make such a claim until I can back it up.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Just my view:
Support ashe is viable, your build isn't

Eualcides

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Just my view:
Support ashe is viable, your build isn't
Explain. Negative feedback is fine, but only if you have your reasons. Test it, evaluate your performance and the build and then tell me about your opinions.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

1. Lack of gp10 during early game + one ward
2. Overvaluing crit as your poke.
3. Squishy, yet don't do enough damage
4. 21/9/0 while you do not really have enough damage, would much prefer other mastery setup.

M4nTiCoR3

01-23-2013

@ BK Sythen: Sorry I was being a jackass earlier, but it wasn't clear to me that you clearly said it was ok in normals. Good to see you have a sense of humor.

@ Ken: I agree with all these criticisms. I think with the right runes, masteries, and early items it does have potential as a very viable niche role for a team, but i'm not sure exactly what it looks like yet.

I set my masteries 9-0-21 focusing on gold talents, specifically pick pocket, and grabed extra wards. I also took gp5 quints. The $ wasn't the issue as much as the lack of Crit being a reliable poke. I don't have great runes for this yet as i was rolling ARpen reds AR yellows and MR/lvl Blues. I think a combination of AD runes with maybe Crit damage or Crit chance could help get a more reliable poke, but idk. When it proced it was significant, but when it didn't it only seemed to tickle, and my AS was too low to really whittle anyone down with pot shots. AS seems to be an issue when kiting too. The delay on her shot was noticeable with no AS in her build. Stopping to fire slow shots at people made me vulnerable at times because of this. Perhaps an early zeal would help this some, or berserker greaves, i went with different boots.

I think if we all played around with it we could find a balance that works well the majority of the time. See you on the feilds.

-gap81 YeeeHaaaaw