Should the Tribunal feature a game playback?

Yes, it would help determining pardon/punish 9 45.00%
No, it wouldn't make much difference. 11 55.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Should the tribunal feature playbacks of games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

malicewunderland

01-22-2013

I've seen reports of players being reported for "intentionally feeding" but we don't know for sure if that's the case, or if they are having a bad game. In my opinion, the Tribunal should feature a playback of the game so you can actually watch everything that went on. Just the chat box isn't enough evidence to ban or pardon someone. Especially if you're looking at a player who doesn't talk through the whole game.
To sum it up, a playback of the game would help A LOT in deciding on a case. I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

The only way I would support this is if they only included replays for intentional feeding/assisting the enemy team reports.

1. This could be a huge burden on server space.

2. Games are about 30-45 minutes long...that's a pretty long time to spend for one case. I, personally, do the Tribunal while at work because when I'm at home I want to play LoL.

I do agree that Intentional feeding reports are hard to prove, but I do know that a lot of people here won't punish unless there is an orgy of evidence of intentional feeding. Now, they may punish that same case because the accused was verbally abusing other players...

Kirska

01-23-2013

I vote no because I think it would lead the not so good Tribunal judges to ban people based off of an honest mistake. Also, I don't really think it would be used. I know I don't have time to spend 30-40 minutes on a case.

RossumEcho

01-23-2013

I'd want an option that says "no because it would take too long." Srsly, who would do tribunal if they had to watch a min 20 min game? I'd vote on one case a day lol

ReishaAshgard

01-23-2013

it would be good but really hard to implement

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

The question isn't whether it would be an improvement. Of course it would, it would let us find those people who were subtly manipulating their teams, trolling in non-verbal manners, and being a jerk in other ways. BUT would it be worth the cost? I don't think so. Sometimes features sound amazing and unbelievable because they are just that.

Hiryuu16

01-23-2013

I would like to see in-game events (who killed whom, turrets destroyed) added, but replays are a bit much. I think accusations that judges spam Punish are overblown, but I don't expect them to spend 20+ minutes analyzing a case, either.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-23-2013

I do not think it would be an improvement. When you watch a replay in slo-mo, there are a lot of things that look like intentional deaths but are just panicked responses, misclicks, or terrible decisions. Hindsight is 20/20, and chances are good that a half-dead Malphite fleeing from a full health fed Graves/Lulu combo honestly thought that turning around to ult them was a good idea at the time. Looking at a play under a microscope makes the dumb decisions look impossibly dumb, to the point that you might conclude they were intentional even when they weren't.

Besides, people who troll in subtle ways are still going to get caught eventually because they display a consistent pattern of toxic behavior. You don't need replay evidence for that.

Kavrae

01-23-2013

Storing that much video isn't going to happen; the server space along would be.... wow. Most people wouldn't watch the videos anyway. I think, as Kiryuu said, a log of in-game events in a seperate section from the chat (or preferably some way to connection the two visually), would be a much better option.

Sereg Anfaug

01-23-2013

Yeah, I'd love to spend 50 minutes per case instead of 5, to see something that doesn't actually change the outcome of the case.