I notice a distinct lack of demons in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youso1337

02-13-2013

Bump.

Birdy51

02-13-2013

Still not too convinced on the idea of demons I'm afraid...

Although, if there is still a reason to have them, who knows lies far south of the Great Barrier. Might be a plausible area of emergence due to the unstable nature of the atmosphere.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
Demons are pretty cool so I could see a demon champ coming to LoL but if they did, it wouldn't be a stock demon. We'd find our own take on demon. There will never be a heaven and hell in LoL that is just too cliche.

Similar to Kayle though there is no reason why we couldn't have a demonic champion with a unique LoL take.

I think the 'judeo-christian mythos' could be used a bit more in skins at least. The new Varus skin is a great use of that. There are a lot of mythologies I think you guys could pull from more often. Maybe next time someone says "Fire/ice/robot" as an idea, you could suggest that? ;D

"Andromeda Leona" and "Perseus Pantheon," wherE

Ferr3t

02-13-2013

I dunno, it depends on how you classify "demons." Personally I see something like Fiddlesticks, a totem of pure and absolute savage evil, and I think "yep, that is a demonically possessed scarecrow." If we're talking in the biblical sense, though, I would agree that we're a bit overdue considering we've had Kayle, a through and through angel, and Morgana, the archetypal fallen angel, for quite some time now.

shraggrath

02-15-2013

There's a big difference between being "Demonically Possessed" (like Fiddlesticks) and showing a true Hell-Born Demon, something riot hasn't done thus far. as for all the void champions I get the sense that they're mostly void "creatures" (Cho Gath, Kog Maw) vs being demonic in any shape or form. Riot can take inspiration for a champion from almost anything Demonic, as far as using it as a reference to make a true Demon champion. hell, just use WoW as the reference point. plenty of demonic **** going on there.

Xulsigae

02-15-2013

Personally I'm glad for the lack of daemons presented as 'Horns, fire, hooves and tridents.' Sure it's classic, but it can also get boring. There are other forms for daemons to take, such as a ball of tentacles, a creature with pincers, a hairy beast, a being with no skin (Nuckalavee) etc. 'Evil' doesn't have to come in a generic package.