Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I notice a distinct lack of demons in Runeterra

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Renekton Bot

01-26-2013

Nasus, while not a demon, personifies both gluttony and envy (of me) so I guess that makes him pretty close.

edit: Sloth, too

Managable

01-26-2013

Shaco, Hecarim, Mordekaiser.

Over The Horizon

01-26-2013

RiotRaven discusses it in bits and pieces.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...78448#28578448 (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=28578448#28578448)

So, in a biblical or religious sense, nope. Same for angels, they are simply a normal race in the LoLverse. We may end up with one that is stripped of all its connotations, which is a good thing in my opinion, or one similar to a Warhammer 40k style demon. Probably best to stay tuned.

As sceptical as it is, one of the rumours surrounding Shaco is that he's a demon from another dimension.

StarkRavenMad

Recruiter

01-26-2013

*Clears his throat*

"You're seriously asking a giant DEMON bird...for a joke?!"

Checkmate.

Youso1337

01-30-2013

Bump.

kitae

Lead Designer

02-02-2013

Demons are pretty cool so I could see a demon champ coming to LoL but if they did, it wouldn't be a stock demon. We'd find our own take on demon. There will never be a heaven and hell in LoL that is just too cliche.

Similar to Kayle though there is no reason why we couldn't have a demonic champion with a unique LoL take.

HolyChalice

02-02-2013

Quote:
kitae:
Demons are pretty cool so I could see a demon champ coming to LoL but if they did, it wouldn't be a stock demon. We'd find our own take on demon. There will never be a heaven and hell in LoL that is just too cliche.

Similar to Kayle though there is no reason why we couldn't have a demonic champion with a unique LoL take.

Something like Omen?

TheEnygma

02-02-2013

how else would you do a demon though? I'd like to see a Jekyll and Hyde type champion where in one form, they have a more restrained and even shy persona then they morph into a crazier kind. It's more interesting than a sort of "the world is mine to rule!" kind

Pessimist

02-02-2013

Quote:
kitae:

If it's too cliche why does literally every game that has a 'demon' go by the standard heaven/hell thing? It's cool, not cliche.

You guys already did the whole devil ryze / angel varus thing.. go for an actual angel/demon combo...

Cha0sniper

02-02-2013

Err.... If cho'gath's not a demon, then I don't know what is lol

However, I wouldn't mind seeing something more along the lines of the archetypical fire-and-brimstone-themed demon. Maybe something like a Balrog?