I notice a distinct lack of demons in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Renekton Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Nasus, while not a demon, personifies both gluttony and envy (of me) so I guess that makes him pretty close.

edit: Sloth, too

Managable

01-26-2013

Shaco, Hecarim, Mordekaiser.

Over The Horizon

01-26-2013

RiotRaven discusses it in bits and pieces.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...78448#28578448

So, in a biblical or religious sense, nope. Same for angels, they are simply a normal race in the LoLverse. We may end up with one that is stripped of all its connotations, which is a good thing in my opinion, or one similar to a Warhammer 40k style demon. Probably best to stay tuned.

As sceptical as it is, one of the rumours surrounding Shaco is that he's a demon from another dimension.

StarkRavenMad

01-26-2013

*Clears his throat*

"You're seriously asking a giant DEMON bird...for a joke?!"

Checkmate.

Youso1337

01-30-2013

Bump.

kitae

Lead Designer

02-02-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Demons are pretty cool so I could see a demon champ coming to LoL but if they did, it wouldn't be a stock demon. We'd find our own take on demon. There will never be a heaven and hell in LoL that is just too cliche.

Similar to Kayle though there is no reason why we couldn't have a demonic champion with a unique LoL take.

HolyChalice

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
Demons are pretty cool so I could see a demon champ coming to LoL but if they did, it wouldn't be a stock demon. We'd find our own take on demon. There will never be a heaven and hell in LoL that is just too cliche.

Similar to Kayle though there is no reason why we couldn't have a demonic champion with a unique LoL take.
Something like Omen?

TheEnygma

02-02-2013

how else would you do a demon though? I'd like to see a Jekyll and Hyde type champion where in one form, they have a more restrained and even shy persona then they morph into a crazier kind. It's more interesting than a sort of "the world is mine to rule!" kind

Pessimist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post

If it's too cliche why does literally every game that has a 'demon' go by the standard heaven/hell thing? It's cool, not cliche.

You guys already did the whole devil ryze / angel varus thing.. go for an actual angel/demon combo...

Cha0sniper

02-02-2013

Err.... If cho'gath's not a demon, then I don't know what is lol

However, I wouldn't mind seeing something more along the lines of the archetypical fire-and-brimstone-themed demon. Maybe something like a Balrog?