Need help with Ashe ADC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SwiftyWillownall

01-22-2013

I would like some advice on how to play Ashe and be good with her as an ADC. If some people could help me with some of these issues I'd appreciate it.

1. With level 2 boots, her movement speed is only 370. It's really, really pathetic how slowly she moves. I can't even keep up with the people I slow with my arrows.

2. She's squishy.

3. Has no escapes aside from her stun which will only stun them for a fraction of time at point blank range.

4. Ulti is a skill shot, better at long range. When should I use it?

5. How do I combat ADC's with longer range such as Caitlyn or Tristana?

6. Her passive can only be used once per fight, even if that fight is against minions...

7. Ashe isn't the best farmer in the world. How should I balance her abilities so I can keep doing damage but still have a viable income?

8. What runes should I use for Ashe?

9. Is it even possible for Ashe to jump back if she gets shut down early game? If so, how?

rikoLash

01-23-2013

Personally, I am extremely against Ashe as an ADC Carry pick. The reason is because I encountered similar problems to yours and didn't with other ADC's. I feel like other carry's outscale him.

Cenerae

01-23-2013

Ashe is more of a utility based carry than a raw damage carry. To get the most out of her you need to abuse her kiting power through frost arrow (which doesnt truly blossom until you get some attack speed and a few ranks in the skill), her vision from hawkshot, and her ult.

Her farming is actually okay by the way. Just spam volley to clear waves. It's not great but it's better than some other carries (Ezreal, Vayne).

When to ult? Whenever you/someone else can follow up on the stun. If you fire it in someone's face point blank you get the damage. If you fire it halfway across the lane you can set up a gank or team fight.

margalolwut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftyWillownall View Post
I would like some advice on how to play Ashe and be good with her as an ADC. If some people could help me with some of these issues I'd appreciate it.

1. With level 2 boots, her movement speed is only 370. It's really, really pathetic how slowly she moves. I can't even keep up with the people I slow with my arrows. If you cant keep up with people who are q'd there is something wrong. Either they have t2 boots, plus MS quints... if both of you have t2 boots you should be able to keep up with em. Do you click on them to attack?

2. She's squishy. as she should like, like all adcs

3. Has no escapes aside from her stun which will only stun them for a fraction of time at point blank range. You have to be able to kite. When people are coming at you, use your W (high range dmg ability after ult) to apply slow, then move back a little, attack agian, move back a little attack again. this will keep them at distance to let u keep attacking them. If all fails and you have your ult, use it to stop them. If you are found alone vs a bruiser ina team fight, chances are you didnt position yourself correctly.

4. Ulti is a skill shot, better at long range. When should I use it? If you KNOW you can score a kill off of it, go ahead and use it. In lane i like to make the other adc feel comfortable... try to poke them a bit to 75% hp or something... once i see them drop their guard i go all out with my ult (make sure your Q is on when attacking enemies.. it will help you keep on them

5. How do I combat ADC's with longer range such as Caitlyn or Tristana? your W, but dont use it too much or you willl run oom.. you can safely farm with ashe as she has ok range.. just dont let them zone you. If they try to come at you, drop a W and a Q auto attack on em, you will see how fast they fall back

6. Her passive can only be used once per fight, even if that fight is against minions... a passive is a passive... lol. dont rely on it to win you a fight, its just an added extra. Dont die trying to get your passive off.

7. Ashe isn't the best farmer in the world. How should I balance her abilities so I can keep doing damage but still have a viable income? farming isnt the hardest thing in the world, practice last hitting.

8. What runes should I use for Ashe? +15 AD (ad quints), armor, mr

9. Is it even possible for Ashe to jump back if she gets shut down early game? If so, how? ashe kind of needs to have a good laning phase. The beauty of ashe is being able to control team fights better than most adc's... if the match is even, there is no reason to not be able to get a few assists at least simply by Q'ing or ulting.
my responses above

margalolwut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoLash View Post
Personally, I am extremely against Ashe as an ADC Carry pick. The reason is because I encountered similar problems to yours and didn't with other ADC's. I feel like other carry's outscale him.
im 12-3 in my last 15 games with ashe averaging 8-4-10. Its definitely about the player.

Like every champion you always have to know your limits, this includes knowing what you CAN kill and what you CANT kill in a certain amount of time.

MyLittleAshie

01-23-2013

I love Ashe, and agree with margalolwut's posts. It sounds what you ultimately need is more practice with her. Two things to add:

Ult usage: set up a gank, stop a champ from running away, last resort: escape mechanism. Don't underestimate the power of that stun to do those three things. Once you're comfortable with it, start looking around the map and think about how you can use the arrow to help your teammates in their fights.

Escapes: honestly, having both ghost AND flash on Ashe isn't bad, particularly if you're having difficulties surviving. I like ghost late game especially cuz it helps me get amazing positioning. While you're still learning, why not give yourself the extra padding?

SwiftyWillownall

01-24-2013

Thanks for the tips everyone. =)