Steel Legion Shyvana

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RavenHusky

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malizio View Post
If the skin looked good enough, people wouldn't have complained. I think the feedback comes from the fact that it'd be her third bad military skin.
Steel Legion Lux is an awesome skin, but the theme is getting old, regardless of the quality of all of the skins in question. Yeah, the Commando and Imperial skins weren't that great, but who told Riot that we needed another skin in the same vein as those two, regardless of quality, when there have been a good number of suggestions for non-military skins for her. Take Commando and Imperial Lux out of the picture, and there wouldn't have been as big a backlash.

It's just like with all the mecha skins that Riot has been releasing lately. They are very good skins, but some people have said that they are tired of the theme.

There are some visual things that could be improved on the skin, such as slimming down the armor, and changing the color palette, but even then, it's still military, and that theme has gotten old on Lux.

chumbler

01-23-2013

If you do make this skin, please keep Shyvana's skin color accurate to her default appearance rather than making her white. Again.

Also make Ryu Shyvana first. She punches people and has hadokens already.

Andymion

01-23-2013

Steel Legion Shyvana sounds great to me

Sir Cutchry

01-23-2013

Personally I like the idea of themes for the city states. It gives a little spice and challenge to playing with a preset team and also a little excitement to find a team that's playing one.

FelixNz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Magic has ruined this land...

Captain Halc

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Actually, so here's my thoughts. This is actually not about sci-fi/mech/robot skins. This is, like you note, actually about cadence.

One thing we shouldn't do is because we may have a glut now, is to stop internally ideating on a cool idea, robotic or not. That's how we get into these sort of ruts. We say, "OH! COOL IDEA! LET'S MAKE A LOT!" Then.. when we found out maybe we have saturation, we say.. "OH SNAP! TOO MUCH! BETTER STOP MAKING THEM!" Then.. inexorably.. another theme comes along and we wear that a little thin, then over correct again.

So, the solution is actually to keep making anything cool we want to make. If there's a champion that would look awesome in a sci-fi treatment then we should make that happen. Maybe we backlog it, maybe we put it on slow burn, but we should make it. However, the key is to make a whole lot of other things in tandem and stagger them. Then we don't have fire, fire, fire, frost, frost, frost, robot, robot, robot, silly, silly silly. We need something resembling fire, silly, frost, robot, etc. That ultimately is about planning and cadence. That's where my concern and efforts lie. Helping with cadence, not limiting our menu of ideas.
How do you explain Steel Legion Lux then? I mean i usually love what you make, but that skin just looks...bad, the splash is nice, the in game model is...gross. And why wont you answer any of the Lux fan made threads questioning this issue?

X Widow Maker X

01-23-2013

I would totally buy steel legion shyvana, i think a bright shiny steel armor would look cooler then darker iron color. You guys need to give her a GOOD HELMET, and not a crappy one. But this has been the skin iv been waiting for on her. Will definitely buy

YoBook

01-23-2013

Honestly would love to see more steel legion skins, in my opinion I find themes to be more fun, its nice to see relative skins, especially when you can build a team comp around a single skin type, ie steel legion

ps bump

Cruxshadows

01-23-2013

@ iron stylus steel legion Leona wHErE? sorry had to.

Grammatizator

01-23-2013

this skin seems like it would be to close to ironscale shyvana tbh. not exactly but the idea of an armored dragon is in both these skin ideas.

still want whiteout shyvana.