Steel Legion Shyvana

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marisa

Senior Member

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
So what exactly would be the problem if that was indeed my response? I'd like to know. What would you have me do exactly? Would you have me carry a torch into a producers office? Tie up the 3D team and make them repaint it? Bribe the animation team to re-rig and animate? What would satisfy?

I'm a concept artist. I'm the first part of a very long pipeline and process. Also, I'm not just a concept artist dedicated to a single team. I work on reworks, champions, skins, and general art feedback in the system. When I'm involved in something I see it all the way through, but some times I'm going to have to float into our out of a team depending on need or what's priority. I'm not going to be able to be personally accountable to thousands of people considering I'm a very small cog in a very large machine.

If this is indeed my response when things are released, feel free to come at me with any sort of eyeroll or anger. I can take it. I'll gladly tank for the people who aren't here to take the venom and honestly are extremely busy trying to create extremely high quality content at an extremely intense cadence. You can dismiss me as being dismissive, but you don't seem to be cognizant as to what you're implying with that attitude, that this is but one iota of a facet to this entire machine that is skins, champions and relaunches. This can't be summed up in a sentence.
You say this as if Riot doesn't have a history of delaying content that is far into the development process for further changes. Cases in point: Pulsefire Ezreal and Slay Belle Katarina. Additionally, altering content post-release is also not new; cases in point, Dark Valkyrie Diana and Amethyst Ashe. I won't ask you to spearhead it yourself or to even do anything at all about SL Lux, but to say that there isn't a precedent for altering content that most people would consider modeled, rigged and done is fallacy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digramma View Post
but to say that there isn't a precedent for altering content that most people would consider modeled, rigged and done is fallacy.
Yes and no. Case and point, the several known Cassi skin bugs that are going unfixed because the value of fixing the bugs has been determined to be less than producing new content.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leoric Wuju

Senior Member

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
She is a badass British sheriff of a huge city...running around in a purple mini-dress.

Every single Piltover champion has a logical outfit that represents who they are. Caitlyn looks like something at a frat house Halloween party.

I mean, her skins are fine and all, but...I have to ask what the hell the designers were thinking when they created her...her lore does say that she is beautiful, but beautiful doesn't mean wearing mini-dresses.
Thank you sir, that is the voice in my head


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnimusvsAnima

Senior Member

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I do.

And what if I can't?
Pass 'em along to people who can.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Estred Shantile

Senior Member

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
Yes and no. Case and point, the several known Cassi skin bugs that are going unfixed because the value of fixing the bugs has been determined to be less than producing new content.
Isn't that the major reason that there are so many minor bugs and glitches still in game? I know some games (TSE series) that have ludicrous bugs until the players fix them via modding... not that League of Legends really could support a Modding Community.

I am just surprised in some cases that the multitude of mini-bugs hasn't caused crashes yet in some conflictions. Guess they are internalized errors.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I do.

And what if I can't?
A bit of feedback from someone who joined shortly before Ahri's release. I have started to buy RP more because I love the game; I've tried to encourage others to play it (even those with reservations about "PvP games"). I recently bought the Thresh bundle because I mostly play support; he came across to me as a more viable version of Nautilus (and I am loving him).

This is new for me because I otherwise wouldn't have considered this type of splurge for a F2P hobby when so many skins abound (Elise was an exception as a bundle because I felt obligated to pay coffer for the Queen's release even if she wasn't a dryder).

With that said, that's enough background.

Is it okay? Yes. I harbor no ill will for ricklessabandon despite the comments that parallel yours in the Jade Fang Cassiopeia thread (albeit in a less emotional matter) nor do I for you. I understand very well the one cog-in-the-machine matter and that you solely are more visible to others by your choice. I see this by your comment about being willing to tank all the negative human emotions that will pour back upon the matter. Regardless, it is still discouraging and upsetting as a fan particularly when considering the basic lore and concept of both Lux and Cassiopeia just naturally incline themselves to thematic ideas without having to go out on a limb and create one.

I just tested Steel Legion Lux; I don't find it to be a bad skin; it's really not what I'd want from the character at this stage of her skin releases. If it had come earlier, sure, it'd be awesome in say comparison to Commando Lux; it's not.

I respect that passion, and I like/love you no less as a person for the energy and vibrancy that you help bring to the game with both what you help create and what you share with the forum goers. Particularly for Diana, Leona (she's a fun support), and your comments on Sejuani's attire. I am very thankful for that as well as small admissions about the like of Zyra and Elise in appearance that I heard from no one else no matter the negative feedback storm. I also really like Xerath's classic design; he's very cool to me even if I'm not particularly good with him; I got feels when I saw you post the concept art.

Still, despite all the "good feels," it's these type of matters like Steel Legion Lux / Jade Fang Cassiopeia that worry me a bit. I know that decisions have to be made for the majority of the game and maintaining the overall health. And I know not everyone dwells heavily on the lore/art of the world. But I was firstly attracted to League of Legends by those two elements (the PvP game aspect, frankly, scared me off for my early years in college---I regret not joining back then despite hearing about it all the time).

So when I hear that these elements are less prioritized and are almost acceptable in being left as they are, it troubles me. In comparison, I'll follow posts by Morello and Xypherous discussing the matter of mechanics and admitting when there is an element off. That solves the problem of silence; it honestly takes man hours, production costs, and more involved to fix them; there can still be waves of unrest meanwhile while the machine works. But in terms of art and skin design, I hear more and more troubling comments about production, production, production being pressed down upon the teams; I feel / worry that albeit with the tech and tool improvements that it is going to suffer more stumbles like with our present lore situation (despite promised improvements).

And for that, I say it doesn't seem okay for Riot as a whole. I'm excited (like Rioters) about all the good and cool stuff that you're going to release this year. The Dragonmaster Swain skin nod earlier elsewhere perked me up because Tyrant already was just so very good (much like Morello's periodic comments in the Spider Queen thread). However, it feels like some very earnest feedback is ignored too much for that bigger picture; it's going to puncture the love and devotion of some other fans; I'm worried about what that future might bring. I like the cycle of fans supporting Riot, and the awesome production it brings. But I also want the fans to feel like they're heard more and want to support the company. It troubles me more when I keep seeing these I stopped buying RP because of "this" in threads.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toki AkA

Member

01-24-2013

Hmm. I'd rather like a Shyvana skin which can be with Jarvan's new skin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fishcoteque

Senior Member

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Glad to know my emotion-o-logic capacitators are producing an adequate number of feels.
Ooh, Parrot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VriskaSpider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-24-2013

I personally think Shyvana has enough steel like skins. How about something like Blossoming Flower Shyvana, or Deep Swamp Shyavna? More organic, less metal for our lovely dragon.

Also... I actually really really like Steel Legion Lux. H8's gonna H8!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reaganomics

Senior Member

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I'm not going to have any huge effect on assuaging fears or calming tempers by contributing to the conversation while the skin is still unreleased.
All we really want, as someone who started one of those Lux threads (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7#post33819397) is to know that we have been heard and that someone in the company is doing something about it... the theme is still the issue and always has been. And I think by having someone saying "Message Heard", only to see it back on the PBE, it only made the situation worse because for a brief time we thought the community had effected things.

Like I said in the thread: if I just knew that someone was working on something different for Lux, even if it was 8 or 9 months away, I would be happy.

I'm just so tired of the same general feel for skins... and its one that especially plagues Demacian champions.