Pre-queue role selection for the love of god!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowmender

02-08-2013

I always have to compete for my role. Right now I just have to say "Jungle or I feed" to get jungle...this system would be easier, I feel.

NauFirefox

02-09-2013

Let me first say I would love this.

Let me secondly say Riot has already stated they will not be doing this due to their constant support for non-meta teams. It isn't a bad thing really, but it is an issue in solo Que.

I think a lot of the issues could be fixed with a refined Que-dodge for instances where people lock in as some scumbag using a role that was already called AND picked. I have started a thread at the below link and would love any input from all of you.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3088240

Kaidence

02-16-2013

pls

CaptainMorganx

02-16-2013

I think this is the best idea. Stop the confusion. A lot of players have there favorite role to play. Some like support some like top and only are really good at one role and sub par at another. Why not let that person who jungles the best only do jungle in ranked. If it were to increase ranked que times i feel like it would still be worth it if you want to play sooner you choose a different role or maybe have an option to say you are up to play all roles vs only playing on or even one or two. really like this idea make it happen.

Vahti

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

Like, I understand not wanting to set the meta, but come on. How many people in solo queue are going to agree to a different meta? It usually just ends with someone rage quitting anyway. A weak excuse at best, Riot.

neg9

02-25-2013

here is what i think would happen with this system

the q wait time for someone who plays top and mid will be 20 minutes or more because that will be 80 percent of all people who play the game. So in response, all players will just click the all roles button in the q so that they will find a game faster. Then you will have all the same arguments.

The answer is simply to have riot weigh in on the call vs pick order debate, and make a statement about it on all the load screens.

Apygoos

02-25-2013

I was about to make this exact suggestion!
Role selection would solve the problem of people squabbling over what roles they want, which often ends up in troll picks ,arguing, and just over all cramped up team flow, and people quick to blame and becoming toxic players rather than being constructive and supportive.

SPACEPISTOL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

/sign

ReallyOldFart

02-25-2013

I like the queue for a role idea (with weighting of role preference), but when choosing who to match, players should be assigned a role as part of the process. Also, players that queue for more roles should be awarded with faster queue times.

Azzalin

02-25-2013

actually... I would like to sign onto this as well.

If anything I'd like to add to the argument, if it hasn't been said already (I have the memory of a goldfish...)

Queuing up for roles in the current meta, while it will enforce the standards a bit more, it'll also have people trying to learn different roles to try and get a shorter "queue" time, perhaps.

The issue I can see though is seeing that the role is actually properly picked. But... that is a problem for much more brilliant people than me...