Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pre-queue role selection for the love of god!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meruze

02-03-2013

Oh God.

I would pay actual money for this.

Like, physical dollars.

HOW I GIVE MORE PLUS.

Vahti

Recruiter

02-03-2013

I've been trying to advocate for this ever since I saw the new ranked system. /sign

But if you really want to get their attention, try the League reddit. It seems like they pay a lot more attention to that.

VPTrogdor

02-04-2013

Quote:
Vahti:
I've been trying to advocate for this ever since I saw the new ranked system. /sign

But if you really want to get their attention, try the League reddit. It seems like they pay a lot more attention to that.

Make a forum only to ignore it. Sounds like a solid plan.

Vahti

Recruiter

02-04-2013

Quote:
VPTrogdor:
Make a forum only to ignore it. Sounds like a solid plan.

They're kind of bad at paying attention to what we actually want...seems like they just pick personal projects and occasionally, OCASSIONALLY, make a cool skin.

FIN Sawyer30

02-04-2013

In normals and draft do not implement this that takes away the casual side of the game...

BUT PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING HOLY PUT THIS IN RANKED. PLEASE.

Feleas

02-04-2013

Quote:
Shadowmender:
/sign
Unfortunately, they don't read forums.

Oh they read forums, they listen to all the cries of nerfs for champs that don't need to be nerfed, lol.

NauFirefox

02-05-2013

/sign, as much as it enforces the meta, if you want to try something different, try it with a group of friends. I love some fun non-meta games, but not in solo-Que

Shiekk

02-05-2013

hey, this is a great idea, but practically would be really hard to pull off and would require a lot of work from riot staff. But best of luck

Shadowmender

02-05-2013

3 mid again....sigh...this is why matchmaking will never reach true balance
sign again please implement

Muunia

02-05-2013

Quote:
Matthias Shaw:
I don't think I've ever posted a message on these forums, but I came on here today to post this very same idea. Only difference would be putting the 5 roles in order from most desired to least. I heavily prefer jungle, but I don't mind top either if someone else will be stubborn.

I'd really like to start playing ranked (just a casual) and am not really great at the game. Being forced into a role I'm not comfortable with and know I'm going to do awful with is annoying. Role selection would end this and allow me to rise a little bit higher in ranked than I otherwise might because I can't play the role I'm really good at.

Being able to order your preferred roles might also help avoid the "following the meta" problem Riot has and not limit queue times as much by putting people who while preferring a different role, won't mind say...supporting, if they need to.

I completely agree with this and feel the same way, it is so annoying when I've been practicing for weeks in the jungle, go to ranked, and am last pick or something and therefore forced into supporting with champs I've maybe played 3 times ever.