Grand Stage RP Work in Progress, Please Check.

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luparis

03-07-2013

Good day my fellow Summoners, beasts, warriors, etc. I come here offering a really strong suggestion fr an RP that is massively different than anything I would usually do. The idea came to me last night while watching my girlfriend play and talk religiously about the Sims 3. Fun, right?

Anyway, the title is a WIP as you read. Grand Stage as I am thinking of calling it refers to life as a whole. That, or Valoran's Grand Stage. Essentially, I want to create the world of Valoran that would follow canon and non canon lore. This would include Champions as well (assuming that the person acting said Champion out can do so in a reasonable way.)

You're all probably wondering what this entails. Well, I regret to inform you it is probably going to be extremely complicated in its simplicity. I encourage you to create and portray your character(s), whomever they may be as a pproaching a very large world. This world goes far beyond your immediate environment and your actions effect much more than the guy in front of you.

So, simply, it will not be my typical RP where you have a discussion, a plot device happens and then a battle, rinse repeat. Examples: Would you like to like to live the simple life? Do so. Be a lowly peasant who continually lives the mundane existence, striving to create a better life for himself while serving whatever lord of whatever city-state he has sworn fealty. Or that same peasant who faces the all too common tragedy where said bandit group murders his family, he survives and becomes bent on vengeance. Or maybe you are that bandit murderer? The warrior? A Summoner?

This can involve any number of people. Some who may not always have another person to interact with but his actions may still be pivotal to the world. You can possibly relate this to Silver's Timeline thread. Multiple events will be happening all over Valoran at multiple times. You are to clarify who and where you are. The events should NOT happen in an instance of a post or two. If you are going to war, this will takea deal oftime. by no means do I intend on this being a short thread! People will live and yes, I intend to see people die. Even my own. Some of my old OC's and new, both, will exit this Grand Stage we call life. (Power levels for OC's will range greatly from a lowly nobody to near godliness. However, moderating yourselves will be required. Their are courtesies and rules to follow still. Primarily among those rules. Do NOT god mode no matter how powerful you are. And also, do not kill or maim anyone without granted permission)

Obviously, this is NOT done yet. I am working hard to hammer out the details for this, very very hard. I request the community to assist me in this to help revitalize our Role Playing world as well as strengthen the lore of Runeterra. I am very desperate to make this a reality.

To those of you curious please feel free to post here in this thread, give your due opinions. Or you may reach me in game client chat room, Grand Stage. I am on pacific eastern time and will be on most likely til about 8 pm today. Or, you may also add/PM me in game: Delmegar.

Hope to see you, my friends.

Shandora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Interesting. I'm not offering myself in yet, but I'm keeping an eye on this.

Luparis

03-07-2013

Well, I hope it takes.

To explain it better you can be some form of professional crafter or something, like a mason? You require work, customers, etc.

Or a soldier. You'd need an officer, a liege, duties to attend.

A free lance warrior, whatever. And I won't limit it to one. This should be immersive and almost grand scale. Like the life of people.

Shandora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

I can't help but feel that this is practically Skyrim in the lore of Runeterra, only not from the view of the Dragonborn, but from commoners.

*chuckles* And I mean that in the good way!

Luparis

03-07-2013

well, yu don't gotta be commmon!

Shandora

03-07-2013

Of course, I simply meant that we don't really get to be the unique legendary hero of the story who absorbs dragon souls and collects butterfly wings and what-not.

*chuckles* Never mind my last comment, it was an obscure reference anyway. Good luck on your project!

Luparis

03-07-2013

Thanks I hope to see you join in. I want anyone and everyone to join somehow. I mean, everyone here is part of the community and thus part of Valoran.

This opens up a lot of opportunity to develop characters, writing, learn ideas, mingle with people. And if it comes to it, you're more than capable of going to war. Too many paths to take here. I'm not sure why people are so determined to stay away from large scale projects like this where they are almost free to be anyone and do anything.

Luparis

03-07-2013

Bumping. I'd really like for people to at least inquire into this, or join me in the chat room. This is a really solid attempt at bettering the RP/lore..

Ask Tyrant Swain

03-07-2013

You have my support, since I have been thinking about, but never trying to do, such a large scale RP.

Luparis

03-07-2013

Well, Swain I would love to have some opinions or assistance in the matter. You've been here a while to my knowledge. Any suggestions, comments, questions are greatly appreciated.

12345 ... 6