The Noob Channel

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darth Starkiller

01-22-2013

What is the point of this thing anymore?

I went in today, to see if there were sensible people who genuinely in need of help (or willing to help, as I need right now), but the damn thing is full of level 30's who talk **** to one another and just piss on NOOBS, the people who the channel was made for in the first place.

I'm not a pro. I'm not a veteran. I'm at MOST, and this is pushing it, good at this game, and that is in a very limited way. I always forget to ward, I suck at skill shots, and I can't identify the different classes in ways that other people can. I don't know who is generally an AP Carry, or how to tell when someone who is usually a Bruiser Top is now building jungle to counter me (I usually play Warwick or Nunu). And now, when I go to the channel built for people like me, I see nothing but a bunch of trolls, children, and fellow noobs unable to get a word in edge-wise.

Is Riot even aware that there are MILLIONS of people who play this game now? 200 people per chat room isn't enough. More importantly, there shouldn't even BE a cap on the Public Chat room. Where's the sense in that? People flock to Noob, Strategy, and Looking for Group for their general, fairly pointless conversations with one another because there's never in room in Public chat.

I just want someone to help me learn this game. I don't want to be carried to level 30 and out of the supposed 'Elo Hell,' or the 'League Hell' as it will likely be called now. I want to learn how to last hit, how to spot ganks, how to instinctually know when wards are about to go down and when to replace them. I want to know how to throw skillshots, defeat Champions tiers above me, build each of my Champions into monstrously fed killing machines.

In short, I want to know this game. I want to play this game to the maximum. And I can't do it alone. I'm simply not good enough to do it. It'd take me years. I want help.

But I can't find it.

Cheshire Lunacy

01-22-2013

ya I found the same prob in Noob chat and when a player is banned for being potty mouthed and generally disrespectfull by riot bot they just get on another acount and continue doing that.

I think these rooms need an actual modertor if they are to be usefull at all, not a bot wich only looks for key words

several of these peoples where trash talking about someone they had met on skype who was a player and putting is screen caps of her during their skype calls of course riotbot didnt sense any trouble cause they wer3e well expertly useing words that wouldnt trigger the bot

words that an actual human being would look at and see were being used innaprorpriatly

these channels need actual human administrators not just a bot.l bots can only see what they are prgrammjed to see.

anyways if i get down voted for that, its k. but the truth of the matter is these rooms actually need better moderation.

RealMouse

01-22-2013

there is a lot of material to help, these forums are just a small starting spot, lolking.net has guides, streams, and general information, nice players (like myself) are always willing to help you learn things (feel free to add me in game Realmouse) I picked up skype a few days ago, just havent bothered to learn all the tricks to it, so i can talk to people that genuinely want my limited help. I am always doing research on the game to try to get better myself, and I am more than willing to share what i pick up along the way.

Cheshire Lunacy

01-22-2013

I can reiterate that RM is a nice player I have already added them to my Summoners friends list, trully helpfull as well.

RealMouse

01-22-2013

ty

any non-ragers are free to add me as well

BarrelGangClyde

01-23-2013

This is league of legends US server my friend. On the US server you should expect nothing but the furthest thing from respect and intelligence. Its all about trolling, blaming people for your mistakes, being a complete ****** bag when you get a penta, and talking massive amounts of unnecessary ****. Riot doesnt care about their players anymore, they know people will continue to play the game and spend their money on IP and XP boosters, and RP to buy skins and champs. All they want is your money. They could care less if you have friendly interactions online. The whole honor system just went completely down the drain and everyone is back to trolling again. It lasted about month. Honestly, My suggestion, play on the Korean server.

RealMouse

01-23-2013

well BarrelGangClyde, im sorry you feel that way. I for one, have met a large number of friendly non-rager players and have started adding them to my friend list. maybe going to the Korean server will work for you, somehow i doubt it though.

wHiSkErTeMx73744

01-23-2013

people use those?

poor souls, i've always come here for sound advice. they are missing out

Darth Starkiller

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHiSkErTeMx73744 View Post
people use those?

poor souls, i've always come here for sound advice. they are missing out
Well, I've found sound advice in THIS Forum most of the time. But the others? QQ'ing, trolling, bickering, random worthless comments, and the VERY RARE gem of useful information. General Discussion? Don't even bother looking at it anymore.

wHiSkErTeMx73744

01-23-2013

oh well yeah haha by here i meant here.

because we're on the topic of beginner's advice and all.