How to farm more efficiently

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

coolspa48

01-22-2013

Hey guys, I was just wondering on any tips for farming in lane. Cuz all of the pro players have like 50-60 cs already and it's barely 3 mins. into their game. Also my friend told me a tip that if you get a minimum of 4 minions per wave, then you will have the most efficient farm. Is this true?? I appreciate your replies and assistance.

workthecorners

01-22-2013

well since minions don't meet at mid untill just after 2 minutes I think u are mistaken about the 3 min 30-40 minions...when I warm up or practice In a blank game (no bots no other people I aim for 100 in 10minutes but I'm satisfied with 80

I know froggen has the 20 minute record of like 320 minions or at least he did idk if its still true

Clemroc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

@Workthecorners
Indeed, Froggen has the 20 minutes record with over 300 minions with Karthus, although he was swapping between lanes.

@Coolspa
There is an article/link that has a chart with how many minions you can have per wave. I quote "Well a good target to aim for is around 10 CS per minute in an estimated sense." At the 20 minutes mark, the maximum cs in a SINGLE LANE is 240.
There are 2 common techniques to maximize CS efficiency. One is walking around by clicking constantly while waiting for the mob to be low before attacking it. The other is pressing S in between cs to bring your champion to a complete stop. Of course, you must not forget to reposition yourself to get the cs.
Another good thing to do is getting the offensive masterie Butcher, which deals +2/+4 bonus damage (after armor reductions) to the enemy minions. It is very helpful, and is worth investing at least one point to guarantee last hits.

I am unsure wether I can put the link to the chart, but I will put it for now and remove it if necessary.
http://www.nerfplz.com/2011/08/whats...x-minutes.html

workthecorners

01-22-2013

another common mistak that I used to believe and I'm sure others do also is that you should use your abilities and auto attacks to farm faster and under quick thought it makes sense "if I kill these 6 minions in 10 seconds it should be better then killing them in 15 seconds right?" well that's wrong because no matter how fast you kill the wave you arnt makimg the next one come any faster SO as long as you get every minion possible you will end up at the same number at the same time.....only difference is if you get them fast you will push your lane if you get them slow you will get pushed and there are pros and cons to both

pushing your lane:
pros-force your opponent to farm under tower

cons-you have to advance further forward to get your cs making it easier for a gank or just a flash ignite attack from your opponent

having your lane pushed to you:
pros- nice and safe under your turret

cons- turret takes cs makes it harder to get cs (especially for ap champs)