Pick > call order!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord eXecutor

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKillsAll View Post
learn to play Every Role
Why the hell would you play a useless role?

Watafool

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageRose View Post
Of course, however it only easy to speak the words. Performing the actions are something else. I always say "play all but supp" and as you see from my case, even with that communication, it doesn't always pan out. People are greedy, stubborn, an egotistical. In Solo que most people believe its about performing at your own best, not the teams, and this is a team based game. So if i canplay3/5 like morello suggest, hell i play 4, and i discuss what im comfortable with,i should be fine?

Wrong, i get these tpes of people more often than naught, and because im the only one who says what im comfortable with i am the easiest target for my team to single out. they think "he already put himself out there, no need for me to ay what im also comfortable playing, ill keep my call for the lane i want, an have them target him". Lets face it, this is the truth about solo que.

Yup, everyone wants to be the hero - the one to get all of the kills and carry.

RavageRose

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord eXecutor View Post
Why the hell would you play a useless role?
even i have to disagree with your comment. Supp isnot useless

however it is not my play style.

Flaming June

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
It's easy to lose games when you don't work together as a team to figure out roles. Flexibility and understanding of others will increase your Elo more than anything. Teamwork and communication and compromise > pick order/calling.
Ah, the typical "path of least resistance" Riot reply.

Let's have a look at some facts, shall we?

Lyte has mentioned that ranked "toxicity" remains at about 80%.

80%.

Which means there is an overwhelmingly high chance that when you go into queue you are going to be matched with a group of unlikable, raging dickbags.

And you want us to communicate and use teamwork with these people? Every match we play?

4th pick: IM MID
5th pick: JUNGLE
Griftix: Hey guys, my last match was full of some pretty mean players, let's try to communicate and get along this match!
Griftix: I like to play junglers and mids.
4th pick: U SUPORT I CAL MID
5th pick: IM JUNGLE
Griftix: Well I'm the most comfortable in those two roles, one of you will have to fill another role.
5th pick: OMG
5th pick: REPORT

He proceeds to lock in anyways.

Rev up your dodge, boyo, because you're not going to play that match and he's going to go into another queue with no consequence.

HEY, ALL YOU PEOPLE READING THIS. DON'T EVEN ACT LIKE THIS ISN'T HOW HALF OF YOUR RANKED LOBBIES GO.

Team communication and specific comps almost never happen in solo queue. You don't go into a match and say "hey guys, lets make a poke comp!" because some moron top laner is going to lock Darius the instant he gets a chance to anyways.

Things would be better with no chat pregame. Then nobody could complain about anything since nobody would know better.

Kiyayne

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming June View Post
Ah, the typical "path of least resistance" Riot reply.

Let's have a look at some facts, shall we?

Lyte has mentioned that ranked "toxicity" remains at about 80%.

80%.

Which means there is an overwhelmingly high chance that when you go into queue you are going to be matched with a group of unlikable, raging dickbags.

And you want us to communicate and use teamwork with these people? Every match we play?

4th pick: IM MID
5th pick: JUNGLE
Griftix: Hey guys, my last match was full of some pretty mean players, let's try to communicate and get along this match!
Griftix: I like to play junglers and mids.
4th pick: U SUPORT I CAL MID
Griftix: Well I'm the most comfortable in those two roles, one of you will have to fill another role.
5th pick: OMG
5th pick: REPORT

He proceeds to lock in anyways.

Rev up your dodge, boyo, because you're not going to play that match and he's going to go into another queue with no consequence.

HEY, ALL YOU PEOPLE READING THIS. DON'T EVEN ACT LIKE THIS ISN'T HOW HALF OF YOUR RANKED LOBBIES GO.

Team communication and specific comps almost never happen in solo queue. You don't go into a match and say "hey guys, lets make a poke comp!" because some moron top laner is going to lock Darius the instant he gets a chance to anyways.

Things would be better with no chat pregame. Then nobody could complain about anything since nobody would know better.
I go through with the game, my elo means little if it helps to remove a toxic player.

Flaming June

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyayne View Post
I go through with the game, my elo means little if it helps to remove a toxic player.
I used to think that too.

But then I saw the thread about the guy who got over 1000 reports in just under 400 games.

It makes me feel like the trouble of going through the game, sending in a report, getting no feedback from it at all... it's just a drop in the bucket. It's not even worth the time and annoyance of playing that match.

ZapatillaLoca

01-26-2013

tips for dealing with random queue hell:..the options are:
play with friends,
be exteeeeeemly flexible (like know every role and not care what you play),
stick to co-op games,
mute everyone and hope you dont get reported for not communicating..
and finally, wait for to Riot actually come up with a useful solution ( errr. that would be when the sky turns yellow and pigs fly).
And of course remember, it is just a game..low ELO has nothing to do with real life unless youre counting on making a career out of "professional" gamming.
cheers

RavageRose

01-26-2013

back on a losing streak.. once again trolls.... 4 games in a row, least 1 DCer/AFKer an 2 games 2-3 Spanish speaking people...

Noghori

01-30-2013

Riot has chosen to use ELO because it believes that it will most effectively sort players of different levels of skill and thus make the game more enjoyable. It boggles my mind that they refuse to thus support their own ELO system when in champ select. By not supporting their ELO system, Riot is essentially saying that those with the most expensive computer/fastest internet who hit control+v first are more important to them than those who have played hard and have won the ELO they desereve. Pick>Call Order.

Also...how hard would it be to have a language selection box so that those who choose spanish can go play by themselves? Every single time I encounter a spanish speaker, he's a feeder. It's like a rule of thumb and I've had to dodge games It would make English speakers and Spanish speakers such much happier and shouldn't be that hard. Just add language to the matchmaking selection algorithm as you already do with ELO.

Why is Riot so obstinate to to implement these beneficial ideas?