New Player needing help with Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

itsraaalphieee

01-22-2013

I've been told that new players can't jungle and that they shouldn't. I've only played 7 bot games, only 2 of which have featured me jungling, but I really enjoyed it. I'm not very good at ganking, but I've heard that the comes with time.

I'm just wondering which champion would be worth my IP if I were to continue jungling. I'm looking for a champion that does well in the jungle and has good ganks. In the two games I've played, I got yelled at for not being able to gank properly and for having to go back to base often. Just looking for some help and a champion that will allow me to gank and stay in the jungle.

Also, I really liked playing Ashe. I was able to get 23 kills with her in the bot game, and it really impressed me because I normally die 23 times a game. I've read that she's considered a ranged AD champ. Are there any other champions that are like her?

Your help means so much to me. Thanks!

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-22-2013

Those two reasons you gave are pretty much the reasons why it's very hard for new players to jungle. Without tier 3 runes (which you can't get until level 20) and a full mastery page, it will take you longer to clear the jungle camps and you will take a lot of damage during it, which means that you will have to go back to heal rather than ganking. Whether you're playing bots or PvP, the player at top will have to fight off 2 champions if the enemy has no jungler. If they're not able to handle that, you may be doing your team more harm than good by jungling.

However, if you want to continue practicing your jungling, Fiddlesticks has rather slow clear times but he can very easily keep his health up and his Crowstorm ganks are very strong against enemies who don't know that he's coming. (At higher levels of play, players are MUCH more likely to ward the area around their lane, which makes ganking with his ultimate nearly impossible.)

Ashe is a ranged AD carry who specializes in "kiting": keeping distance between her and her target as they try to close in on her and as they try to run. She deals almost all of her damage through her autoattacks. Vayne and Caitlyn are similar to her.

Kachine

01-23-2013

The problem with low level jungling are as follows
1. Lack of masteries
2. Lack of runes
3. Lack of coordination in low level teams
4. Lack of people's capability to lane in a 1v2 top lane
5. Lack of people's capability to take advantage of the jungler map prescence.
6. Lack of proper leashing.

All in all, jungling is possible in low levels but it's just not optimal. When you get to level 20, I highly suggest you max all the flat armour yellows you can use for jungling purposes.

Fiddlesticks, Warwick are two low level junglers that can do well without any runes/masteries due to their sustain.

Ashe is an utility ranged AD carry. She does good damage early game, falls off a bit mid game and does quite well late game with her utility. Her ultimate is one of the best initation tools out there. However, Ashe does need a bit more protection due to her lack of mobility and requires a bit more coordinated team.

You may also want to try out Caitlyn, Graves, Varus, Tristana and Miss Fortune.

Jacob Grimm

01-23-2013

First of all Jungle is the 2cnf most under appreciated position in the game. If anythign goes wrong you are going to be blamed, and things will most certainly go wrong. I would suggest you get WW or Hecarim, or Rumble and just keep A.I. jungling with them till you get to 20. Learn the route, know when to gank, when not to, know where to put down wards, treat each game like it is a real game.

As for an AD carry, Ashe is a little on the unfavored side right now (though that could change) Ezriel, and Miss Fortune seem to be tearing things up, I would go with MF since she has CC, and good damage, doesn't cost a ton of IP. She has the same build and ruins set of everyother AD carry to.