zed viable/outclassed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TidesOfLogan

Recruiter

01-22-2013

Recently got back into zed. His kit/playstyle is gnarly. He's got great bursty sustain. But he adds no utility to a team? I was just wondering your guys' opinions. Is Zed outclassed? Maybe a kha or talon mid would be better? Just getting some feedback before I decide to play some ranked with him.

XxXFrostQueenXxX

01-22-2013

build 2 bt, bc, warmogs, infine edge, boots you want see how tanky and bursty you get lol

TidesOfLogan

Recruiter

01-22-2013

My build was cdr boots, BC, last whisper, two bloodthirsters and a frozen mallet. Crazy damage, I just feel lik maybe someone out there provides that ANDutility. All Zed has is his slow.

Banana Dragon

01-22-2013

my problem is after one combo he basically runs out of energy and no longer provides anything useful to a team

Leopold B Scotch

01-22-2013

The thing is, with good skill shots as well, he can take out the two team squishies in seconds. Usually the ADC and AP mid or healing support.

asamu

01-22-2013

Talon and Kha'z are better, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that Zed isn't strong. If you get items, you can take anyone that is not a tank down pretty damn quickly, and the ult deals a ton of damage if the target doesn't die before it goes off.
The main issue I have when I play him is the delay on his ult. I ult in, burst, AA, and they are dead before the ult goes off, making the ult nothing but an initiate/gap closer.
Other than that, he is a great champion.

TidesOfLogan

Recruiter

01-23-2013

I think by utilizing the energy regen on your W right then you're able to get two off.

See, I p layed a talon yesterday and completely facerolled him. He is pretty energy hungry though.

TidesOfLogan

Recruiter

01-23-2013

Bump.

SethCypher

01-23-2013

Zed trades utility for more damage and AoE coverage. As far as I can tell, he can potentially have the highest one combo burst out of all the assassin champions.

Zed isn't outclassed per se, but he does perhaps excel too much at his role of being an assassin.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

he's got one of the highest burst in the game and pretty good laning phase but he seems kinda like one of those all in assassins and his lack of any real escapes once he's jumped onto a squishy makes it seem like he has to trade his life away.