Miss Fortune - How to correctly utilize "Double up"?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ominous

01-22-2013

I just started playing MF for part of the free week and I think she is very fun. BUT I am trying to find the correct way to use her double up.

Say there's a creep line in the back and a champion like right behind it, I try to aim my double up at the back creeps but sometimes it bounces to the creep right next to it instead of the champion I was aiming for.

What is the best way to utilize this skill correctly?

barbeerian

01-22-2013

The bounce is somewhat random so you can't 100% control it. You've got the right idea though, keep trying to bounce it off whichever mob is closest to, and in front of, the enemy adc. Try to position yourself in such a way that there's less chance of it bouncing to a creep. Kinda hard to describe that exactly you really have to just play around with it, but basically try to angle yourself so that it's a fairly straight line from you, to the creep, to the enemy adc. Also try to set things up so that the creep you want to bounce your shot off is closer to the adc than it is to other creeps (Double up seems to prefer shorter bounces, even if they're almost sideways).

Madraac

01-23-2013

Double up also bounces or seems to bounce in a triangle "box" behind the first target, so pending how that champ is positioned, it can or will very easily go to a minion.

I love MF and I use her quite often, what I can tell you is that Q is a mana trap. You are better off leveling W for the AS boost and damage boost on consecutive shots, especially once you have some AS items, as well as leveling your E for wave clearing. I only use Q when I have an enemy champ on the run or to hit between my auto attack cycles. If you practice doing that you will find yourself with much greater in lane sustain, and saving it for when you are ready to actually dive in with your support or jungle gank.

In teamfights, I only use it to secure a kill, as you have no idea where it will bounce to half the time.

barbeerian

01-23-2013

I'd disagree, maxxing Q first is your best bet with Miss Fortune. AA'ing then double-shotting is her best harass tool in lane, and in teamfights you want to use it as often as possible to maximize your dps. IMHO maxxing E should always be done last, it's magic damage and her waveclear is good enough with her steroid active.

powwder

01-24-2013

double up will try to follow a straight line as much as possible. so after it hits a target it will go to the nesrest target that is in the straighest line as possible.

DMPuffy

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madraac View Post
Double up also bounces or seems to bounce in a triangle "box" behind the first target, so pending how that champ is positioned, it can or will very easily go to a minion.

I love MF and I use her quite often, what I can tell you is that Q is a mana trap. You are better off leveling W for the AS boost and damage boost on consecutive shots, especially once you have some AS items, as well as leveling your E for wave clearing. I only use Q when I have an enemy champ on the run or to hit between my auto attack cycles. If you practice doing that you will find yourself with much greater in lane sustain, and saving it for when you are ready to actually dive in with your support or jungle gank.

In teamfights, I only use it to secure a kill, as you have no idea where it will bounce to half the time.
First of all, don't ever max E first. This is probably the worst thing you could possibly do, and destroys what makes AD MF good early game. I don't know about AP MF, but AD you certainly don't want to max E first.

Q? No, it's not a noob trap, you have plenty of mana to use, you just have to use it wisely. You don't use Q to harass, you use it to trade if they are able to get an attack off as well, or if you need the burst. MF's Q is essential to her early game, and leveling anything else is just foolish. The Q does not need to bounce off of a minion to be effective, it is only an added bonus for those that can pull it off consistently.

Your priorities as an early game MF should be:

1)If the enemy auto attacks you, Attack them, Q them, then shoot them again before backing off; don't let them bully you
2)Last hit
3)Attack the enemy while he's last hitting, as long as you don't have minions to last hit yourself

Get W at level 1, Max Q first, W second, E third, get your ult whenever you can; use your ult to either secure kills, harass, or clear waves AND harass at the same time, letting you recall without missing minions, while forcing the enemy to stay and sustain damage.

If you keep up the steady poking and trading, you will eventually come out on top due to the higher damage output MF has, and they will either be forced to recall, or you will be able to flash+ignite, AA+Q+AA+Ignite for an easy kill if they're at half.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

All of MFs abilities are fairly poor, so leveling up Double Up seems to be the best way to go.

Each level of Q (double up) gives 35/42 dmg bonus, a significant CD boost, and only +5 mana cost.

Leveling Impure Shots is kind of weak. +2 onhit dmg per rank? YUCK. During laning when do you ever really need more Attack Speed, and when do you keep hitting the same target over and over? Its very rare.

Leveling Make it Rain is another valid option. +55 dmg per rank (if they eat all 2 seconds), 8% more slow per rank, no increase in mana cost.

Make it rain seems like the winnar but it pushes the lane way too much due to huge AoE. Whereas the Q if used correctly can land some fairly targeted harassment with solid 1 target damage at very long ranges (when bouncing off of a last-hit creep).

DMPuffy

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
All of MFs abilities are fairly poor, so leveling up Double Up seems to be the best way to go.

Each level of Q (double up) gives 35/42 dmg bonus, a significant CD boost, and only +5 mana cost.

Leveling Impure Shots is kind of weak. +2 onhit dmg per rank? YUCK. During laning when do you ever really need more Attack Speed, and when do you keep hitting the same target over and over? Its very rare.

Leveling Make it Rain is another valid option. +55 dmg per rank (if they eat all 2 seconds), 8% more slow per rank, no increase in mana cost.

Make it rain seems like the winnar but it pushes the lane way too much due to huge AoE. Whereas the Q if used correctly can land some fairly targeted harassment with solid 1 target damage at very long ranges (when bouncing off of a last-hit creep).
Haha.

EDIT: I don't know why I thought this was so funny, but looking back on it I have decided that I need more sleep.