Sona/Crank Combo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minty Hitomi

01-23-2013

Every game I get someone who decides this combo is excellent and feeds the hell out of the enemy team. We lose cause neither has the staying power to outlast others in the game.

I've seen this trend going on lately. Any reasons behind why people like this particular combo of support champs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volandum

01-24-2013

Sona has burst, mediocre sustained damage and some hard CC and great defensive auras (blitz lacks natural defenses apart from his passive), Blitz has substantial sustained damage with AD, R passive and stuff and is a great initiator. Sona supports kitey comps with a significant speed boost, and Blitz is a great initiator for those comps as he can grab people into his carries so they can kill the people quickly and safely, and he is a decent ganker. I wouldn't call the combination common though, I'm one of the few people who play both champs that I see.

Sona is decidedly early and Blitz is a mid-lategame champ, so there is a combination of early and late strength. It's not hyperscaling but it's not that bad. By the way, don't start tear boots on blitz if you expect to need to tank an engage early, start tear ruby. Sona is mana hungry and squishy by nature so a ring and at least one mana pot is a good start, and keep one or two mana pots on hand to keep that staying power.