If you initiate a surrender in DOM... I am going to

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zuko Prince

01-22-2013

swear at you

it's against the rules, but its worth breaking them for an act of such pathetic cowardice. There are thresholds of loserdom that cannot go unchallenged, and that is what trying to surrender in DOM is. game lasts like 2s, and these fragile little nothings can't stand the idea of not winning so much they quit instead of trying to finish the match.

MajorUrsa

01-22-2013

Staying positive will not only improve your chances of winning but help keep your blood pressure from rising to unhealthy levels.

NamKim

01-22-2013

I can agree that people should never surrender at Dominion. Even when things look bad, you can turn things around.

If the situation is completely hopeless, then your team should all just agree to troll the other team. If you know you are going to lose regardless of what your team can do, then remember that this is a game and have some fun.

But to give you a serious answer, my philosophy has always been "Even if I know I'm going to lose, I'm going to make the other team work for their win." There has been games that was literally a 1v5 for the last couple of minutes because there was an AFK on my team and the other three players gave up.

Many Dominion players say "If you are going to die, die gloriously." That is what separates Dominion from Summoner's Rift. It's not "just Dominion." It's "MotherF*cking Dominion."

But in order for that to happen, we must strive to be better ourselves. And our attitude to others is one of them. So, no matter how much they piss you off, you have to keep your cool. If you act all high and mighty, they will go to the "It's just Dominion, tryhard" stage. Which is what we are trying not to do.

Duke of Flavor

01-22-2013

It just doesn't make sense in Dom. You can't feed to the same degree that you can in SR because of the automatic exp. I've won games where we had less than 100 nexus health left when the other team was still over 400.

LordofNarf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

If I surrender in Dominion, it's probably not because I don't think the game is unwinnable (because it isn't) but because I'm sick of playing with unpleasant people who are just looking for a reason to swear at me. Sometimes the possibility of a win isn't worth spending more time, even online, with unpleasant people arguing with each other.

Phourc

01-22-2013

I've put in the surrender vote before when people were too busy raging to, well... play. After a certain point the game becomes no longer fun.

FDru

01-22-2013

If your game lasts 20 minutes, it means there's nothing wrong with your team and you're perfectly capable of winning.

Hopeless Dominion matches are over in 8 minutes. Every time.

Zuko Prince

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
I've put in the surrender vote before when people were too busy raging to, well... play. After a certain point the game becomes no longer fun.

that's an excuse, it's rare, but when it does happen it's because someone got stomped and they don't want to endure it any longer.

MAN UP PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!

turn that stomping into an ocean of hatred and desire for revenge

SeCKS Egai

01-23-2013

I've only seen a handful of games that could warrant a surrender, and those basically consisted of one team sitting in their base against a early 5 cap.

Even then, the match is going to end fast enough.

I wouldn't go as far as swearing, but I don't see why one would bother surrendering when the matches go so quick as is.

DiscworldDeath

01-23-2013

"Cowardice", are you serious? The most you can ascribe by a stretch is "Defeatism" or "unwillingness to spend more time on a game one considers already lost."

But cowardice? To people who surrender at a game? Real. Some people are losing sight of reality here.