Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thoughts on elo hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kreengoo

01-22-2013

I'm starting to think it may be possible there is some kind of elo hell. I played a couple of ranks with my friend whos internet keeps shutting down and who isn't that great either, I got dragged around 1200.

Now, I know what people will say: be good and you can carry your team through most games, but goddamn, there's a limit to what you can carry. In 4 games I had a positive kill/death ratio and won lane phase. But in each of those games, someone ended up feeding like crazy and, with poor team coordination from deaf teammates, we lost.

I would like your opinions here. Am I just on a bad luck spree, or am I reaching close to what people call elo hell?

Unkynd

01-22-2013

These kinds of games exist at every ELO. They just exist abundantly below 1400-1500 or so.

Try being someone who mains support and having many games where you're at the mercy of carries who none of which understand who to focus or how to team fight.

kreengoo

01-22-2013

I feel you man

Stormed

01-22-2013

Add me on skype, jonathon.gregory

I'm looking to boost players from any elo up to 1400.

References available upon request.

Thanks!

ninjagear

01-22-2013

chances are there was more u personally could have done to contribute to the team. little things. last hit more. died less. ganked more often. engaged in less suicidal team fighting. backed up your teammates more often. there is no way to know for certain unless u recorded the game. but honestly, the chances are very high there was more u personally could have done to contribute to the game. a player with a higher level of skill might have done these things. doing those things might have led to a victory. victory would have rewarded more elo.

in general (VERY generally) there are two types of LoL players. you can tell them apart by judging their reaction after a game. the first one will say 'oh, look at all the mistakes my teammates made, i only lost because of them, and solely because of them.' the second type of LoL player will say 'oh look at all the mistakes i made, if i want to get better i will have to make sure i do not repeat these mistakes in future games.'

be whichever kind of player u want to be.

sepetaiya

01-23-2013

luck with teamates ftw. you arent reaching elo hell, you are in it.

elo hell is a place full of varied skill levels, first time ranked players, trolls of every kind and just plain newbs.

Yes, there are many ways you can get better playwise, for sure. The best way to deal with 'bad' players and especially trolls, is to have charisma. Don't be a 'leader', because trolls dont like being ordered around. You have to have -charisma- Get fed early and they will listen to you.

other than that Riot is doing everything they can do prevent trolling but trolls will always find a way around it.

another great way to win in elo hell is to become a champ select master. Gauge enemy confidence on how fast they lock in, if they swap and their communication, lolking your teamates to see how many ranked games they have played. if you think you will lose, dodge. Dodging is an art and a skill. Riot had the intelligence to remove elo penalty for dodging, use that to your advantage.

it is one of my life goals to get out of elo hell. not because of my play skill level, because of my peoples skills level. i used to be an anti-troll troller. now i am learning how to use psychology to raise team morale and prevent quarreling. that, in elo hell, helps win games alot more than personal skill level does.

take it from an elo hell veteran who has had extremely bad luck with troll teamates, 14 loss streaks and rarely dodges (since i have enough time not to). dont give up, brother 11134. elo hell = people skills > lane skills.

Ragequitternob

Recruiter

01-23-2013

Drop bellow an elo of 1100 your basically hardly ever to get back up again cause i promise you that youd get a afk or feeder every match and unless you are carrying your team hard you have up to 90% chance to lose that game D: cycle repeats. welcome to elo hell