I finally worked up the balls...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchandKiss View Post
If they both go into it as virgins and find out that the *** is bad they'll just assume it's always bad and live in blissful ignorance.
Not to mention, a guy going into marriage a virgin doesn't know anything about fulfilling a woman sexually (and I don't mean just getting her to orgasm). There's a reason for the stereotypical "religious" spouses who cheat on each other. Infidelity is highest amongst couples who wait until marriage than others.

vcadoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
Not to mention, a guy going into marriage a virgin doesn't know anything about fulfilling a woman sexually (and I don't mean just getting her to orgasm). There's a reason for the stereotypical "religious" spouses who cheat on each other. Infidelity is highest amongst couples who wait until marriage than others.
Where exactly is this statistic?

silentpartner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend View Post
You are deeply mistaken Mere.

Married women rarely give a @!#*$& about intercourse.
This is especially so as the marriage progresses.
It comes to the point where women just see intercourse as a chore.

Sexual compatibility is nowhere near as important for females as it is for men.
You are kind of right, but it's not synonymous to marriage. Long term relationships can obviously succumb to the same "rut".

But in this situation with 2 religious folk, the sanctity of marriage is implanted to mean so much to them that even though the woman see's intercourse as a chore, she performs this chore, just like she would the household chores to keep her man happy.

Sexual compatibility really actually talks about the woman's appetite for sex, as a man will stay very consistent throughout his life in what he requires, if the woman is supplying this, then he see's no problem, even if the woman is treating it as a chore.

I see sexual compatibility as when the female actually wants to have intercourse on a regular basis without prompting from the male, this is the out of the ordinary scenario which defines the couples sexual compatibility.

You know a man will always want sex at a relatively constant rate, the compatibility is then determined by how much of that man's sexual appetite is satiated by the woman. For example if the man want's sex 3 times a week, and the woman supplies him sex once a week, they are decently compatible and the relationship will probably last, twice a week and the man's in heaven basically, once a month and the compatibility is in the lower echelons and it's a touch and go situation whether it will last.

Jesus the Friend

01-23-2013

^
Concur with everything except the "Not synonymous to marriage".

If might not be exclusive to marriage, but marriage sure speeds the process up, substantially.

silentpartner

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend View Post
^
Concur with everything except the "Not synonymous to marriage".

If might not be exclusive to marriage, but marriage sure speeds the process up, substantially.
Let me propose a situation JtF and let me explain to you how i think the general process of a relationship undertakes regarding rates of sex

<6months: doing it like rabbits
6months -18 months: starting to find a pattern; intercourse frequency gradually decreasing
18months - Wedding Day: Have found their livable point on intercourse (most likely ~1/week)
Wedding Day - ~3months in: Honeymoon period, sexual activity has increased substantially as they "start their lives together"
3months - 1st Anniverary: Getting back into that 18month + groove
1st Anniversary + : Groove of 1/week holds steady, with it occasionaly dropping below this average at more and more frequent rates until it bumps down a 'level' to 1/fortnight, then 1/month (kids have come along etc), with it POSSIBLY turning into a rare event <1/month that the man has to work very hard to get.

The decrease is pretty steady with time no matter if in long term or marriage, if not married, but promise of marriage is on horizon, they will maintain what "has been keeping you happy" to seal the deal, but it will still decrease substantially outside of marriage.

NOTE: The above time frames are obviously for ADULT relationships that will involve living with each other prior to marriage. But they are also roughly accurate for "long term daters"

Dobagoh

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcadoda View Post
Where exactly is this statistic?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce..._rate_by_state

Divorce rates are highest in Republican states, i.e., where people are extremely religious and thus more likely to "remain celibate until marriage". And that's not to mention most of those Republican states don't have no fault divorce, so you can only divorce for reasons like spousal abuse or infidelity.

The statistics are staggering, really.

Jesus the Friend

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpartner View Post
Let me propose a situation JtF and let me explain to you how i think the general process of a relationship undertakes regarding rates of sex

<6months: doing it like rabbits
6months -18 months: starting to find a pattern; intercourse frequency gradually decreasing
18months - Wedding Day: Have found their livable point on intercourse (most likely ~1/week)
Wedding Day - ~3months in: Honeymoon period, sexual activity has increased substantially as they "start their lives together"
3months - 1st Anniverary: Getting back into that 18month + groove
1st Anniversary + : Groove of 1/week holds steady, with it occasionaly dropping below this average at more and more frequent rates until it bumps down a 'level' to 1/fortnight, then 1/month (kids have come along etc), with it POSSIBLY turning into a rare event <1/month that the man has to work very hard to get.

The decrease is pretty steady with time no matter if in long term or marriage, if not married, but promise of marriage is on horizon, they will maintain what "has been keeping you happy" to seal the deal, but it will still decrease substantially outside of marriage.

NOTE: The above time frames are obviously for ADULT relationships that will involve living with each other prior to marriage. But they are also roughly accurate for "long term daters"
I'm not sure what you're arguing.
I already conceded that you were right in it affecting all couples and not just married ones.
My argument past that is "Marriage speeds it up".
The safety and security that women think they have while married works as an accelerant to that process.

Children are also a big factor in the destruction of the sexual relationship, but these days, an unmarried couple with children will rarely stay together long enough for the woman to cut the man off in any severe fashion.

Mere Intricacy

01-24-2013

I need *** once a day to remain satisfied. Preferably 2+
My ex was a once a week kind of guy.

It was the 2nd biggest issue in that relationship.
He always use to say I was too materialistic and I wanted him for was ***.
Had to jump through so many hoops to "court" him into it.
He also didn't like doing anything creative.

So terrible sexual compatibility can be a real issue?

BabySealHunter

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campir View Post
They added entire characters and made up random events.
'
Much of the characters were over exagerated like Thorin Oakenshield and his noble quest to kill Smogg, and the White Orc, who is essentially mentioned in passing during the book. Also Galadriel and Saurumon* never make an apperance, nor does the Brown Wizard, or Sauron(the necromancer). But all of the liberties taken with the Hobbit itself were borrowed from other Middle Earth works like the Simialarian* and the Book of Lost Tales.

So yeah did it over do some stuff, yeah. Was it completley faithful to the book, no. Does it matter, no. It was a fun movie to watch and a nice journey through Middle Earth.