Aggressive Top Lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onij

01-22-2013

I tend to play a rather passive top lane, based on pure farming. Unfortunately not everyone shares this philosophy.

As you can guess I'm a fairly low elo player, but I really just dont get how to play against top laners who continuously overextend and zone me under my turret. I dont play ranged characters, so farming just gets really difficult and I fall off.

Obviously its easy to counter this with a successful gank, but its hard to find a jungler who can spot an easy gank at low elos...

tl;dr
how do you play against someone who overextends if you cant get a gank?

WorthyShot

01-22-2013

You can either keep nagging your jungler to gank or be just as aggressive.

CaptainBurger

01-22-2013

poke at them while they're at your turret. If they're melee, they cant attack you without taking turret aggro.

Onij

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthyShot View Post
You can either keep nagging your jungler to gank or be just as aggressive.
What happens if I can't win 1v1? Are there any builds to specifically counter this?

TheFakeSit

01-22-2013

The Rain Main used to play top and purely farm, but he would ALWAYS end up losing lane. (not saying he would feed or lose tower instantly) I'm saying there would be more pressure on his turret, he would probably have less farm or very few about him. The enemy top lane would usually roam mid or in his jungle and take the wolves/golems and then he realized if you play passive in the top lane you naturally lose lane. You need to prioritize farm WHILE still sacrificing some to zone the enemy and put pressure on him. If you have a ward quite deep in the river or in the tri bush you can be as pushed up as you want and theirs not much the jungler can do about it. (especially if you have flash)