Champion Spotlight: Thresh, the Chain Warden

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wargarden

01-23-2013

I like the complexity level of this one

ARM24

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodunkTheMighty View Post
He seems pretty cool even though he looks kinda dumb. Definitely need the skin for this one. I wonder if he'd be a viable jungler?
Regardless of how one views skins, for everyone has different tastes... if you go tanky early on Thresh, collecting souls top lane can be easy depending on who your vs. Thresh counters Kha'Zix early and can hold his own late… beware you mid Kha’Zix players, it is support Viktor and mid Thresh.

Thresh's q essentially immobilizes (for they can't control where they go although it pulls them closer), so go get your souls in such a way that you can q your opponent first then flail them away... easy soul harvesting and he becomes rediculous with that farm... for that jungle pull into lane, quite a good play, another good play is flash over a wall and bring your teammate over... save a flash... I love the urgot thresh combo...

Thresh is ranged despite the stand still immobile view, so for him to jungle, ranged jungles tend to be weaker... but considering his q's passive, it probably could be done... although you get more souls from lane, or so it seems, and him himself as an initiator is somewhat squishy and low damage, so if he misses his cc and has no ult, there's no gank. His q is slow depending on the direction the jungle is ganking from.

Excalicur7

01-23-2013

His weapon is unique and so was the weapon of vi,and not common weapon like sword ,bow or guns.
The long gap now between champ is now resulting to produce gr8 champs and the long gap also builds up excitement among players when new champ is released which is noticeable from comments.

Cant w8 fr another offensive support like Leona to come out.

ARM24

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVVN94 View Post
Thresh looks really good. I think i'll play support more often.

P.S: Riot, I think it's time for a new ADC
Thresh's range is low, but try him as an adc, test all possible routes, for pbe can only prove/disprove so much, for so few try. He would be an unconventional adc due to it... and I feel it'd fail, but it would be aweosme if someone pulled it off... it might require a meta change for bot lane... for if an adc had that much cc and tankiness, that would be nasty... although mr would be a trick to get... you support would have to get a bulwark and you'd have to get a maw or something... thus he is probably a better brusier topside. He does have his q to get in range of even the longest ranged adc... and then pull them closer with flail... there is no running from thresh, on the other side... although htis would require careful positioning with minions. There is no chasing thresh even if you are faster than him... q to slow you in essense, then flail, then the box if necessary... and if you continue to chase... q and e again... but also... a teammate is bound to be near by then and your bound to be overextending... so you become a free kill...

Was just trying to tide you over until you get a new ADC... unless you alreayd play every champion well, pick up those you don't know... you may not curbstomp as often... but you will be able to counter pick more often than not...

Popqr

Recruiter

01-23-2013

Awesome! So hyped for Thresh, I'm always playing support for my team so I cannot wait!

lZslRyan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

I main support and I'm really excited about him, however I am kind of worried about how everyone is blowing him up to be like the most OP support champs. Don't give me wrong, I think he looks amazing and fun to play, however you must look at all his utilities.

In lane phase, blitzcrank's main threat was the fact that he PULLS enemy into HIM. While doing so the ADC need to GO over to Blitz to trade damage with him. However with Thresh I get a sense that if he lands a pull, if it's not a stun then it's kinda of weak since there isn't any prop up CC like Blitz. And if you pull him from max range you would have to go into them with Thresh to do the CC which puts you in danger. Kind of like Naut support, so I am really really hopping that he isn't too squishy support so you can tank damages as you go flying into them. Another thing is the damage trade off that I'm worried about. For blitz people were afraid of him because of his Ult. His ult not only silences you but it does a lot of AP damage. However if you have champs like Ez or Tristana or even Graves that can dash or hop over the ult then he loses his ult damage (Not sure if it's like Veigar's E where people can't do that). which only makes his two spells that does damage. The latern is cool and looks so OP, sure it is. however you have to again think about the lane phase, if your jungler isn't going in for ganks then the latern is only used as a shield for your ad. It doesn't do damage. Morever Tanky supports like Taric and Leona will be able to literally walk right up to thresh without any hesitation since if he isn't as tanky as them, he would be easilty bullied out of lane. However the up side to him is his Auto attacks. Seems like it got some range which will be useful to help out the ad in pokes.

Thresh over all looks really fun and I am definately going to buy him, however i am just really worried about his tankiness. Sure collecting souls make you more tanky, but remember you don't SCALE armor or mr as you level. So in order for you to stay TANKY you have to collect souls. If the opposite team is smart they would take advantage of you early lane phase and literally bully Thresh out of lane since his armor and mr is low at the early stages. Deny Thresh from collecting souls means GG for him since he will be really squishy.
But I'm still going to try him out and hope to god he isn't too squishy early game or else it's going to be a uphill battle with Blitz, Leona, Taric and ever Sona cause of her Q plus her passive. We shall see!!!!!!

Sexybobolonie

01-23-2013

hopefully this is cause people to be more spoken in game, coordinating the lantern is HUGE

Moons

01-23-2013

His range on W is too damn high

beast worrior

01-23-2013

"Stun" Master.... Over power support, Sweet to play

teeler swagging

01-23-2013

op