How do I dispute an unfair time ban?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suppressor

01-22-2013

Sorry, I posted in the General forum before. I have that forum bookmarked and didnt realize.

So I was banned from the game for 7 days for the tribunal case: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6152775

It seems like everyone just presses punish for all cases presented to them because it's a lot easier to get a majority vote for punish. Most people only care about their Justice Rating and pardoning someone just doesn't seem to work with this community. This is starting to become an extremely unfair system.

Most reports against me didn't even have a comment or what the offense was. I didn't use any vulgarity in chat against. And I definitely didn't feed or troll.

I believe this ban is unfair and would like to contest. How can I do this? If you feel that the ban was justified, please post here.

Orazzz

01-22-2013

You call people garbage repeatedly. I think you linked the wrong case, because I see nothing unjust about this decision.

Suppressor

01-22-2013

Really? That is a bannable offense? I have 5 reports. One for each game. One. Obviously the other 8 didn't think fit to report.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Show Humility in Victory, and Grace in Defeat

“To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.” -Benjamin Franklin

Having a great game is one of the biggest joys that League of Legends can bring you. But always bear in mind that when you’re relishing that landslide victory there is someone on the receiving end that is probably ripping their hair out. While it’s alright to celebrate, make sure that you keep any gloating (or any other mode of self-indulgence) out of all chat. Instead, thank your opponents for the game. After all, despite their best efforts, they just made you a very happy person.

Moreover, if you’ve just lost, avoid pointing any fingers or deploying excuses. Even if you had a great game, it’s not alright to blame your team. You had five opponents in that game, and - seeing as you just lost - chances are that they had something to do with it. We all know that losing can be frustrating, particularly if it’s a close game or one that’s completely one sided, but nobody likes a sore loser. Instead, thank your opponents for the game, and take a moment at the end of game screen to ask what you could have done better. If you’re polite, you might pick up a few pointers that can help you counter your opponent’s strategy in the future.
You trash talk a lot + verbally abuse your teammates.

I would of punished you for your cases.

Zachrin

01-22-2013

You don't cuss at anyone, true. But, you do frequently insult both your teammates and enemies, frequently calling them garbage. If this is a 7 day ban, then this isn't your first ban (you have received a warning and a 3 day ban before this). I'm sorry, but this ban seems to be justified.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
Really? That is a bannable offense? I have 5 reports. One for each game. One. Obviously the other 8 didn't think fit to report.
Who is to say others wasn't offended by what you was saying, but didn't report? A lot of people do that.

Exploding Barrel

01-22-2013

Quote:
When one person honors you and the rest don't, does that mean you weren't positive or fun to play with and don't deserve the honor? The fact is, many people ignore those tools. That doesn't invalidate the input from those who do use them.

Getsuei

01-22-2013

OP, the correct way to appeal a ban is to open up a Support Ticket.

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...s_requests/new

You can also try to email Lyte or Wookie. Sometimes, even bringing up something to them in a professional way and including @Lyte or @Wookie works also.

Triska

01-22-2013

You can click the Support button at the top of the page (near your login info) to submit a ticket to Riot if you feel you need their clarification on this ban.

However, I don't think you'll get the answer you want, because you very obviously broke the Summoner's Code. Please re-read the Code and try to behave more politely in the future. Remember, League of Legends is a different environment than many other online games, and Riot is attempting to clean up the community to that effect. Calling people names and trash-talking excessively is frowned upon.

If you wouldn't say it to a stranger IRL, don't say it here.

gnfnrf

01-23-2013

Quote:
You are being punished for your behavior, not for reports. We can see your behavior.