Tips on how to play with camera unlocked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

o Hocus Pocus o

01-22-2013

I've been playing with it locked on my champion and I'm used to it but I know I really should learn to play with it unlocked. The problem is I just find it really diffficult. My cursor always goes on the edge and the camera shoots away or I find it difficult to pan a little to the left/right/up/down without it going too far.

Any tips?

GON the Mage Guy

01-22-2013

Two things:

Practice.

Find a scroll speed you're comfortable with, adjust in the Options.

Most of the time your cursor should spend a lot of time in the middle area of the screen, and you can refocus on your champ using the spacebar if you go too far.

The biggest thing though, is practicing control over it.

RealMouse

01-22-2013

I also have those issues, GON, thank you so much for the tip! I'm sure it is obvious to those that already know, but for me and probably others, the space bar thing is new. I will begin practicing with it asap.

SouthPaw Senpai

01-22-2013

The more you practice the more it becomes natural, eventually you'll be able to do it with no effort

SlamHannigan

01-22-2013

It helps to also spend a bit of time in some classic RTS like Zero Hour or Warcraft 3. (I know there's older RTS, sue me :P ) Managing several units at once, even just playing campaign mode, gives you a great basis to work off of for unlocked camera control for a single unit. Mess around and fight the computer a couple times, it'll feel a lot more natural after a little bit of practice.

FallenShotX

01-22-2013

Do you guys click on the map? or put your mouse at the bottom of the screen or something.

Twinkit

01-22-2013

Click on the minimap to move long distances or to look at something. Doing so will mean less screen scrolling and fewer mouse actions. I only scroll the screen while laning or in fights.

Also, try to anticipate where your mouse will need to be next. Say you want to hit the enemy with an ability -- position your mouse so that if he walks into range all you have to do is fire. Doing this will keep your mouse away from the edges of the screen and should make your reaction time a lot faster once you get the hang of it.