Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Low Elo Maoki Support

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KyoriEyes

Junior Member

01-22-2013

How do you guys feel maoki support fairs in low elo around 1000-1400. I know he is better jungler but still wondering?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hasuobs

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Honestly, I don't like it very much. He doesn't provide much in terms of supportability- all he has is CC. However, many other champs, namely Blitz,Leona, or Taric, have the exact same or more CC along with more support oriented kits.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mendeleyev

Senior Member

01-22-2013

i play maokai support in that Elo. It is extremely hit and miss. If you have a good ADC you should be fine. I always build tanky in the endgame.

maokai's best bottom partner is xin zhao. Sounds so weird, but it works so well. both can dash around, both can CC. It is the perfect combination. catch them out of position, and it is GG. good luck getting a team that does that though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hasuobs

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
mendeleyev:
i play maokai support in that Elo. It is extremely hit and miss. If you have a good ADC you should be fine. I always build tanky in the endgame.

maokai's best bottom partner is xin zhao. Sounds so weird, but it works so well. both can dash around, both can CC. It is the perfect combination. catch them out of position, and it is GG. good luck getting a team that does that though.


Big problem here is that you have no Ranged DPS late game. If you put Xin bottom and expect the same damage output that an ADC does, you're gonna be really squishy, and therefore easily focused in team fights.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dezimate

Member

01-22-2013

Maokai support works well with Urgot. Both have reduce damage abilities and they both can harass over minions. Using Maokai's W will allow Urgot to land his E and spam Q.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hasuobs

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Dezimate:
Maokai support works well with Urgot. Both have reduce damage abilities and they both can harass over minions. Using Maokai's W will allow Urgot to land his E and spam Q.


My question is why don't you just take Taric for the Shatter or Leona for the Sunlight passive?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dezimate

Member

01-22-2013

Because Maokai can close the gap, CC targets, deal damage and reduce incoming damage a lot quicker then Leona and Taric.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mendeleyev

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Hasuobs:
Big problem here is that you have no Ranged DPS late game. If you put Xin bottom and expect the same damage output that an ADC does, you're gonna be really squishy, and therefore easily focused in team fights.



Never said it made sense. Even if you have a xin jungler or xin top, it still works in the end.

I should have just said xin and maokai in a game is GG.

did a xin/mao bot in ranked. We wrecked lots of faces.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qsario

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Maokai support works by spamming that damned sapling at them until they ragequit and using twisted advance for ganks. Unless you can get off a lot of good ganks, he becomes relatively useless later on, compared to jungle Maokai. But hey, at least he gets free wards.

Also, you especially don't want to take him vs. a half-decent Janna. She'll just shield them from the saplings and tornado you away whenever you use twisted advance.


1