Suggestions for fast attacks and high burst damage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Treget

01-22-2013

I love a high attack speed and someone who jumps in a fight and can demolish someone. Any suggestions?

Fat Ninja

01-22-2013

Do you mean a ranged figher , or a melee bruiser? Assassin? You'll need to give more details before I can give a good answer.

Treget

01-22-2013

The assassin playstyle intrigues me

Fat Ninja

01-22-2013

Hmm.. Many Assassins are more reliant on using their abilities rather than their high attack speed.

Examples of these, as far as physical damage dealers go:

Talon, Zed, Kha'Zix.

These 3 all have kits that designed specifically around jumping and dealing high single target damage. Zed and Kha have abilities that allow them to retreat afterwards.. Talon.. Not so much.

There are many single target high damage dealers. Meanwhile not an assassin, Xin Zhao may be what you are looking for. He is very straightforward, his attack speed and damage are extremely high.

Jax and Xin Zhao are bruisers who have attack speed steroids, Jax, as he continues to attack, gains % attack speed boost. Xin Zhao has an ability that gives him something like 80% attack speed boost. They are both very strong duelists and typically have more survivability than the assassins.

Twinkit

01-22-2013

Ahri sounds like the champ for you.

Treget

01-22-2013

Why is that Infested?

Delete Teemo

01-22-2013

The answer is always Karthus

Fat Ninja

01-22-2013

Mmkay.. Looking at the champion list now for the physical damage dealers that are pretty much "Jump in your face and blow it up" style.

Fiora - She has a strong Attack Damage steroid on her E, a strong dueling kit, infact, her title is "The Grand Duelist".. However, at higher levels of play, she is generally not considered a strong kit because she lacks any form of crowd control.

Darius - This guy is NOT all about high attack speed.. But he is a MONSTER when it comes to melee. He is infamous as a champion because he is able to build tanky and still dish out plenty of damage. Everyone likes playing Darius, everyone hates playing against him.

Jax - Jax has a fairly weak early game, but he scales very well with items. His kit was made for jumping on squishy champs' heads and demolishing them in an instant. Mid-late game, Jax can go toe-to-toe with anyone.

Xin - As mentioned before, his kit was just made for dueling. High single target damage.

Tryndamere - Like Fiora, he is a melee carry, and because of his lack of crowd control, generally not considered a strong pick. However, if he gets farmed, he scales very well with items. He does not have the high burst you may be looking for, not early game anyways, but his passive ability gives him crit chance, which makes building attack speed / more crit chance / damage on him very effective.

Vi - I have never played her, but she has 2 abilties in her kit that allow her to dash through crowds straight into the enemy of her choosing. She was made to dive straight through the enemy team.

Wukong - I don't really play him either, but he has a gap closer in his kit, natural armor shredding abilities, and an ultimate that is great for teamfights.

I can give more details about all but the last two of these champs, and there are also plenty of "AP Assassins" that I did not mention.

Llesh

01-22-2013

I dont have a ton of experience with all the champs yet, but your description cried out Jax to me

Jax

Treget

01-22-2013

Playing a ranged character scares me because I am still not great at them but I need to learn to play one. What AP Assassins do you suggest?