Just have to say..

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GibsonG

Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GON the Mage Guy View Post
A grand total of ONE person has been punished for not communicating. The majority of players don't type anything in chat. If people are being rude, mute them, and report them. Don't retaliate, it does not help.

Reports don't equal bans. You have to be reported a LOT in order to be punished. Unjustified reports are filtered out, as long as you're not giving them a reason.

Most people who threaten to report never do.

I seriously doubt it's every game. You remember bad experiences over good ones because they're easier to remember. Also, the common element in all the games you're having is you. Have you considered your behavior might be the catalyst?

I said this in another thread, I'll say it here: Don't refer to those people who are jerks as "the community." I'm part of the community, and I'm not a jerk in game, I don't appreciate being lumped in with them. You are also a part of the community. Be the better person.
My behavior is I don't even use the chat.. because it doesn't help arguing with these people. I was just in a game where Temo was getting killed a bit much and someone was like "He's feeding them Report Temo!" like the entire game. Yes, he did die 14 times but he also had 11 kills and he won the game for us by pushing lanes and killed towers.. while we were doing team fights he was in their base killing inhibitors. But, the one guy was like "report Temo everyone pls, pls!" even in the lobby at the end. I said "Sorry I don't report people that help win games".
To me, people are so very quick to report in this game. Pretty discouraging if you think about it. Report him because he died?? Really? Maybe he had a bad game or just isn't the best or got bested.

This is what I see in tons of games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlamHannigan

Senior Member

01-22-2013

For those people who are just being intolerable, it's actually pretty fun to just reply like you're Mother Teresa -- just be sickeningly nice to the point of absurdity. It's hilarious, and exactly what the Summoner's Code says you oughta do. Well, mostly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehomCD

Senior Member

01-22-2013

One thing - people say they'll report, or ask people to be reported, far, far more often than people are actually reported. Everyone gets the odd report here or there for bad games, and they basically don't make a blip when it comes to getting sent to the Tribunal, which by its nature is extremely lenient due to wanting to make the false positive rate as low as possible. So while jackasses do use the threat of reports to bully people, and it's extremely aggravating to run across in game, you really don't have anything to worry about unless you frequently fly off the handle and make games miserable for people by arguing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blackv3ngenc

Junior Member

01-23-2013

hi


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kachine

Senior Member

01-23-2013

The higher level you get, the less toxic players there are. However, I have to admit that at low levels, the amount of toxicity is just horrible.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JabaRune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-23-2013

You have clearly never played cod or really any fps on a console. Xbox is worst though. This community is amazing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GON the Mage Guy

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonG View Post
My behavior is I don't even use the chat.. because it doesn't help arguing with these people. I was just in a game where Temo was getting killed a bit much and someone was like "He's feeding them Report Temo!" like the entire game. Yes, he did die 14 times but he also had 11 kills and he won the game for us by pushing lanes and killed towers.. while we were doing team fights he was in their base killing inhibitors. But, the one guy was like "report Temo everyone pls, pls!" even in the lobby at the end. I said "Sorry I don't report people that help win games".
To me, people are so very quick to report in this game. Pretty discouraging if you think about it. Report him because he died?? Really? Maybe he had a bad game or just isn't the best or got bested.

This is what I see in tons of games.
I see a discrepancy. I'm willing to bet you're not helping the situation, and saying "I don't report people that help win games" does not help, it just antagonizes the person who's throwing around the word "report."

Define "tons of games."

As I said, people don't usually report when they say "i report u!"

Did you mute them after they kept going?

I don't know what you're looking for here. There's a way to handle these people, and they're not as widespread as you claim. Yeah, you're going to get a string of jerks sometimes, that's anything with online. That doesn't mean it's the entire community.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OriginalJack

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GON the Mage Guy View Post
A grand total of ONE person has been punished for not communicating. The majority of players don't type anything in chat. If people are being rude, mute them, and report them.
ONE person? Who? Nobody gets punished for not communicating unless they were actually doing something else wrong too.

Screenshot or it didn't happen.
:-P

OP if somebody is giving you a hard time just mute them before it really gets to you. If it results in you getting banned I'll personally keep the thread bumped for you.
(assuming you weren't doing something else you shouldn't have)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheshire Lunacy

Senior Member

01-23-2013

if i have to players flying off the handle in any matches i am in I basically report them both if they don't settle down, if they settle down/work out their problems like the mature responsable people we are, I take it as a win for the team. fell maybe they even add eachother to friends and learn to play together even better learning how to deal with eachothers game styles

but if the whole match is just two players going at each other with names or rage feeding, both of them get a report. as their behevior is unesisary to my play or any ones.

maybe some players just need to watch some team spirit videos on yutube after all there is No I in team if were not co-opertively working as team then win or loose, we lost the game.

my views at any rate downvote/upvote at your disgresion


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GON the Mage Guy

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post
ONE person? Who? Nobody gets punished for not communicating unless they were actually doing something else wrong too.

Screenshot or it didn't happen.
:-P

OP if somebody is giving you a hard time just mute them before it really gets to you. If it results in you getting banned I'll personally keep the thread bumped for you.
(assuming you weren't doing something else you shouldn't have)
I'm too lazy to find the Lyte quote.


123