Just have to say..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GibsonG

01-22-2013

This is by far the WORST community in game I have ever had the experience of knowing. Sorry if I offended people that don't act this way but it's just really horrible.
No other game have I played where people continually harass and name call for 30-45 minutes straight. It's just really bad.
I keep coming back to LoL thinking that it will be better the next time I play. I wonder how the hell are so many people enjoying this game if it's this bad.
If someone in a game kills someone "ZOMG you KS'er!". I thought this was a team game and we are supposed to kill the enemy.. who cares if someone last hit them during a team fight..they are dead and we move on but no, they have to go on and on at you for being a KS'er.
If you make any mistake at all in the game don't worry guys, someone is there to point it out and continue to point it out for the entire match.. 30-40 minutes of it.
Now this isn't just every 10 games or so.. this is EVERY GAME, and mind you I'm a lvl 30 summoner so it's not like I'm playing low lvl people. It's just so bad that I just don't enjoy the game anymore and this will be the first game that I have to say goodbye to because of the people in game.
Yes, yes I know you can Ignore and report them but I have been doing that since I started playing this game and it does nothing. It's a F2P game and they just make another account and come right back like roaches,. It's really sad.

Such a great game but a bad attitude of players makes it just no fun for me.
Really sorry if you are not this type of player but it just seems there are way too many bad apples than good ones here.

Delete Teemo

01-22-2013

the bad apples learn their lesson once you get higher up ( see: tribunal)

Also, there's a mute button and an ignore option.

GibsonG

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phizzwiggle3 View Post
the bad apples learn their lesson once you get higher up ( see: tribunal)

Also, there's a mute button and an ignore option.
Can I say this? Did you know that YOU get reported for muting people? THEY report you for not communicating with the team!! It's happened to me many times.

SuperRofltank

01-22-2013

Just report them, they can easily get punished for this in the Tribunal. You will play with more mature people in the higher levels, hopefully. Pretty much why I don't play solo queue, too.

Delete Teemo

01-22-2013

once again, see tribunal. Bans arent handed out automatically, unless you afk way too much.

REAL PEOPLE go over ban cases. They pick out the trolls from the innocent. Once you're 30 you can go there too and vote on cases. As long as your not acting like an ass back at them, you won't get banned and they will. They will learn whats acceptable and what's not, or will get larger and larger bans, until eventually getting a permaban from riot staff.

GON the Mage Guy

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonG View Post
Can I say this? Did you know that YOU get reported for muting people? THEY report you for not communicating with the team!! It's happened to me many times.
A grand total of ONE person has been punished for not communicating. The majority of players don't type anything in chat. If people are being rude, mute them, and report them. Don't retaliate, it does not help.

Reports don't equal bans. You have to be reported a LOT in order to be punished. Unjustified reports are filtered out, as long as you're not giving them a reason.

Most people who threaten to report never do.

I seriously doubt it's every game. You remember bad experiences over good ones because they're easier to remember. Also, the common element in all the games you're having is you. Have you considered your behavior might be the catalyst?

I said this in another thread, I'll say it here: Don't refer to those people who are jerks as "the community." I'm part of the community, and I'm not a jerk in game, I don't appreciate being lumped in with them. You are also a part of the community. Be the better person.

SuperRofltank

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phizzwiggle3 View Post
once again, see tribunal. Bans arent handed out automatically, unless you afk way too much.

REAL PEOPLE go over ban cases. They pick out the trolls from the innocent. Once you're 30 you can go there too and vote on cases. As long as your not acting like an ass back at them, you won't get banned and they will. They will learn whats acceptable and what's not, or will get larger and larger bans, until eventually getting a permaban from riot staff.
Correction, you only need to be level 20.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

01-22-2013

Grow a thick skin, and don't care what trolls or little 12 year olds(prone to throw temper tantrums, also prone to name call) say or do. I hope any one who name calls gets banned though I agree on that. Name calling gives off that you're too young to play this in the first place. I admit in the past I name called myself, due to how toxic behavior can be contagious and before you know it you are doing it too. Just a thick skin is needed, I never ever get flustered no matter what any one says any more. While in the past my heart rate my elevate a tad.

Vincius

01-22-2013

Lots of good things have been said here but the fact is that it is indeed one of the worst community I've ever come across too, Riot is being way too kind with bad players. For someone to get banned, that person needs to be a real monster. And btw, that thing about people being nicer in higher level straight is just plain false, people are still awful even there. Only thing u can really do is form a team with people u you like or learn to live with this community.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

01-22-2013

You can't just throw in the towel and give up on toxic people. You got to make a difference and have a positive effect on them and cure them from toxicity. This is why you don't ignore them, but talk to them and try to turn them into nicer people. If everyone did this the communities problems would resolve, but there is too many wicked and greedy people who get enjoyment out of corrupting a community. Are they free to corrupt a community? yes, but that doen't mean you are not free to be a cure. instead of give up, just keep playing and attempt to be the cure.