Lost 5 games in a row

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NamKim

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukaei View Post
Are you playing cheese champs? Do not play anything noble or any of that sort..

Teemo, Ammu, LuLu, Kass, etc

The opposition will most likely always pick cheese if they are serious about winning.

If your team needs a strong top AP champ, then with out hesitation lock in that Kass!
Because most likely there'll be a Kass in the opposition.
I question the integrity of anyone who feels the need to spam OP champions just to win. If you are playing a champion you know gives you an INCREDIBLE advantage over the other team, then what's the point of playing that champion outside of some sort of tournament setting? Outside of a tournament setting, why does it matter if you win or lose? I personally enjoy the intensity of the match itself over winning or losing.

It's not about being noble. It's about having fun and pushing your boundaries to become a better player. It's about improving the small things in your style of play and figuring out dumb mistakes that you make. That is what makes League of Legends fun. I once thought I could have very easily spammed Jax and went to mid-high elo. I could usually dominate my games with Jax. Then I started playing another champion and I realized how much I actually sucked at Dominion. I knew nothing of how to actually build champions. I had terrible map awareness and unlike before, I now get punished for having bad map awareness instead of being able to just win any outnumbered ganks.

The setting of being in a situation where you have to constantly try to become better to be better is what makes League of Legends fun. Winning games is just the icing on the cake.

So, why do people spam OP champions just to win?

When I play a champion and I label them as "OP" because I become so good with that champion that I can steamroll most games, I actually move on to another champion just because I enjoy the challenge. Heck, I might even someday play the hell out of Tryndamere. I might even discover some sort of secret about Tryn that even Sauron missed and someday convince him to move him up some Tiers. I don't know, but that sounds fun.

To be honest, if I can't even get passed low elo with non-cheesecake tier champions, then I deserve to be at low elo. I have no problem playing OP/Broken champions once in a blue moon. Most of the time, it's just because of the mood I'm in. I decided to play Nunu bot the other day. It was fun, I was able to dominate my lane for most of the game (until several failed ganks meant my enemy got fed...how you feed someone to that point in a Dom game is beyond me...) but that was boring for me. It's so boring being in a situation where even the enemy can't even fight back. It's fun every once in awhile, but that gets old pretty fricken' fast.

Eyemite

01-22-2013

For me this is just an any given day phenomenon. If I lose 2or 3 games in a row right away I quit for the day because in my experience it will be a day or mostly loses. On the same token if I win the first 2 to 3 games it's almost always a winning day. Weird but true.

smXho

01-23-2013

rule no.1: the point system is a noob trap

SeCKS Egai

01-23-2013

As much as I like placing high on that leaderboard, it doesn't necessarily represent who was effective on a team.

Usually Bot is a prime example, a solid bot will almost never be top 3 but can easily be the deciding factor between victory and defeat.

Kholdstare13

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSeCKSx View Post
As much as I like placing high on that leaderboard, it doesn't necessarily represent who was effective on a team.

Usually Bot is a prime example, a solid bot will almost never be top 3 but can easily be the deciding factor between victory and defeat.
Except for every game where I top 2 as bot and the enemy responds by hovering between 2 and 4 players there to jump me. That's always fun...

Minty Hitomi

01-23-2013

I feel the OP. I lost 5 games today in a row because of incompetent players. I ended up getting 3 games where one guy on my team was completely new to dominion and dis not bother to play bots to learn about it. The other two games I had two idiots who would not stop charging our bot tower that was turtled by 4 team members...I had to backdoor to even keep our team going for a bit.

I play Jayce. I can kill and cap quickly, but not fast enough to cover for 1 or 2 *******...

Ukaei

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
I question the integrity of anyone who feels the need to spam OP champions just to win. If you are playing a champion you know gives you an INCREDIBLE advantage over the other team, then what's the point of playing that champion outside of some sort of tournament setting? Outside of a tournament setting, why does it matter if you win or lose? I personally enjoy the intensity of the match itself over winning or losing.

It's not about being noble. It's about having fun and pushing your boundaries to become a better player. It's about improving the small things in your style of play and figuring out dumb mistakes that you make. That is what makes League of Legends fun. I once thought I could have very easily spammed Jax and went to mid-high elo. I could usually dominate my games with Jax. Then I started playing another champion and I realized how much I actually sucked at Dominion. I knew nothing of how to actually build champions. I had terrible map awareness and unlike before, I now get punished for having bad map awareness instead of being able to just win any outnumbered ganks.

The setting of being in a situation where you have to constantly try to become better to be better is what makes League of Legends fun. Winning games is just the icing on the cake.

So, why do people spam OP champions just to win?

When I play a champion and I label them as "OP" because I become so good with that champion that I can steamroll most games, I actually move on to another champion just because I enjoy the challenge. Heck, I might even someday play the hell out of Tryndamere. I might even discover some sort of secret about Tryn that even Sauron missed and someday convince him to move him up some Tiers. I don't know, but that sounds fun.

To be honest, if I can't even get passed low elo with non-cheesecake tier champions, then I deserve to be at low elo. I have no problem playing OP/Broken champions once in a blue moon. Most of the time, it's just because of the mood I'm in. I decided to play Nunu bot the other day. It was fun, I was able to dominate my lane for most of the game (until several failed ganks meant my enemy got fed...how you feed someone to that point in a Dom game is beyond me...) but that was boring for me. It's so boring being in a situation where even the enemy can't even fight back. It's fun every once in awhile, but that gets old pretty fricken' fast.
True. You should have a healthy pool of champions to be as versatile as possible.

Hopefully a pool that's extremely viable for the map you'll be hoping to dominate in.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuCalvin View Post
Your contribution to a victory has nothing to do with your dominion score placement. In fact, you may even have the least amount of points (excluding the bottom players who generally has the least).
The reasons are that the majority of score has to do with dying on a point (martyr) and capturing points.
qft

Armed Weasel

01-24-2013

If you feel useful to your team, don't worry too much about a loss. Otherwise, just think about how to be more useful.

NamKim

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukaei View Post
True. You should have a healthy pool of champions to be as versatile as possible.

Hopefully a pool that's extremely viable for the map you'll be hoping to dominate in.
In my opinion, there are several stages involving Dominion.
1) Getting your feet wet
This is the stage where people first try out Dominion. There is no meta, you kind of just play who ever you want. You want play for the sake of trying out something new. There is little pressure to do well in these games.

This is also the level where most SR-mains forms their opinions about Dominion. Which is stupid. Anyone who forms an opinion about SR from how the "newbies" play would probably say that SR is a completely imbalanced map that is completely devoid of strategy.

2) Learning the Ropes
This is the stage where people start to figure the game out. They figure some stuff out on their own but most of the time, they will probably look up stuff. When someone feels they are comfortable enough to say which champions are strong and which ones are not, they are at this level.

A lot of QQ threads you see on the forums are made by people at this level.

3) Low Elo Play
A large bulk of the community is at this level, myself included. We know how to play the game. We know all the strategies, the meta, we know who to talk to for help, etc. However, we still lack the skills necessary to move on. A lot of us will often blame our own teammate for our own shortcomings but our inability to move beyond our less than perfect teammates means we are not ready to move on.

Low Elo Play is all about gaining experience. We can learn how to throw a ball, catch a ball, kick the ball, or shoot it into a hoop. But until you actually go out there and do it, you will suck.

4) Mid Elo Play
If you are at this level, you can probably find a team to play in the DD tournament. You might not be the best player around, but you know what you're doing. You still understand that you are learning the game but you also have a trick or two up your sleeves.

5) High Elo Play
This is where everyone wants to be...you wonder how some people got to this level because they suck...OP/Broken Champion users should be feared because these people actually know how to use them. Due to this, you see a lot of Kass players. There are two types of high elo players, ones who are actually skillful and those who just spam OP champions.

6) Super/Very High Elo Play
Sauron and CaptnBuwberry might play seriously against you. When they win, they might have been trying. If you win, they were just trolling around.

7) Panzerzs
You are so powerful that you require a curfew just to prevent people from crying over their total defeat.

8) HaifHearted
Because I somehow needed to find a way to put HaifHearted's name on this list.

9) Sauron
You may only be considered to be in this tier if you defeat Chuck Norris.