Any shaco players out there?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

youmustbelyon

01-22-2013

Crit chance shaco...

top tier baddie

01-22-2013

Sorry, you might know this yet, but Shaco is getting nerfed pretty hard next patch. I'm sad because I was just starting to pick up shaco. In lower elos he isn't much of a threat, but at high level play he is considered broken. On lolking, statistics shows he is picked 20% of the time in platinum, significantly more than at lower elos. Also his win rate at platinum is higher in all other elos. Not to mention, he is banned quite often in in high elos as well.

He is a high skill cap / high risk champ that requires good knowledge of game combined with good mechanics. When played right, shaco wins game all by himself.

I think the nerfs consist of:
-100 range on his Q
They're also nerfing his E so it doesn't apply the on hit slow when he auto attacks. I think they're also nerfing the chance for monsters miss (something like that).

BigWenus

01-22-2013

lol, ad/ap shaco

Prof Zuhayr

01-22-2013

no because you would get double buff instantly, making him the strongest jungler.

Shaveaux

11-12-2013

I'm not a high level player by any means. But I have been putting a lot of time into League and into Shaco. Most recently I've had a lot of success with a hybrid build. Honestly I didn't expect it to work, and maybe it did because of the match's low elo/mmr, but here was my theory behind it:

If you look at his kit from a purely damage perspective....

Shaco's kit:

Passive:
Backstab - AD

Q:
Decieve - Guaranteed crit AD
W:
JItB - Magic Damage
E:
Two Shiv - Magic Damage when cast.
R:
Hallucinate - The clone deals AD while fighting and does AOE Magic Damage when killed.

When looked at this way, Shaco appears very hybrid. Especially when using his kit (based what little experience I have) to Decieve > backstab/crit > cast two shiv, and hopefully catch em with a JITB somewhere in there. If you go all in and successfully deal damage with all abilities you're pretty well split with a potential bias toward AD due to the fact that you will often be positioned to AA at close range.

Take it or leave it. It seems to work in low MMR games at least. I go with things like triforce, rageblade, & hextech, in that order when prioritizing.

BiggTune

11-12-2013

ad shaco is the only shaco. ap in aram/dominion maybe

ShadowlQQ

11-12-2013

...isnt this thread like super old, Jan 22, 2013 unless i'm reading it wrong