Any shaco players out there?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExoriFrigo

01-22-2013

Hey guys! i've been playing Shaco for a while now and i was just wondering if you think the old infinite box timer should be brought back or a longer timer at least? This would create a more interesting kind of gameplay because players could decide between AP/AD shaco.

Beilsibob

01-22-2013

I think the timer was put in there for a reason. Wouldn't a longer or infinite timer tip the balance of power a little too much? I personally like shaco with a bit of both AP and AD. Rageblade? I think so! Need more items like that imo.

KarmicKatri

01-22-2013

I would like a 5 minute timer, half that of teemo and his mines. But also you would need to limit the amount in an area.

ExoriFrigo

01-22-2013

I don't think going hybrid with Shaco would be a good idea, I believe he is either made to assassinate or lure people. I wouldn't suggest an unlimited timer but just a longer timer. how can Teemo have these 10 minute mushrooms and Shaco only gets 60 second?

Beilsibob

01-22-2013

Boxes have a hard cc and mushrooms have a soft cc.

ExoriFrigo

01-22-2013

What would be the difference between Shaco and Teemo though? he can decide to go AP and his mushrooms even if they got 'soft' cc they can deal a ton of damage, however Shaco's boxes become useless late game because they do absolutely no damage and you can easily run away from them.

Snipawolfe

01-22-2013

I've already pulled off some nasty things with Shaco's boxes (like timing the enemy blue buff, then setting up a nest of them for when they come to clear it the second time) and that's with only the one minute timer. It was nerfed for a reason. Stacking more than the amount currently allowed doesn't really allow for any counterplay since you get instagibbed by walking into a nest. It's not necessarily time efficient, but I guess it fits into Riot's definition of "anti-fun."

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoriFrigo View Post
What would be the difference between Shaco and Teemo though? he can decide to go AP and his mushrooms even if they got 'soft' cc they can deal a ton of damage, however Shaco's boxes become useless late game because they do absolutely no damage and you can easily run away from them.
dat useless late game fear.

ExoriFrigo

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
dat useless late game fear.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but the fear is indeed useless! during teamfights boxes usually get destroyed even before you place them and if you get a fear on someone its basically useless.

Causing Panic

01-22-2013

Quote:
Hey guys! i've been playing Shaco for a while now and i was just wondering if you think the old infinite box timer should be brought back or a longer timer at least? This would create a more interesting kind of gameplay because players could decide between AP/AD shaco.
I think the timer is fine tbh, the whole reason they lowered it was to stop the abuse when shacos would box both blue and red buff and get them both with in seconds of spawning. along with soloing dragon as soon as it spawned.