Possible to activate Akali's passives with runes at level 20?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fenori

01-22-2013

So I'm almost level 20 and played my favorite champ Akali for many levels, but I want to bring her to her full potential with runes. But with not all my slots opened yet, I'm wondering if I am able to go about this as soon as possible, combining with my masteries. ^^ If it isn't possible to get both passives, could I get one or the other at least?

TehJackAttack

01-22-2013

With the changes to the mastery tree, this is the best solution:

runes: http://www.finalesfunkeln.com/s3/#73g7vl3gKdd

3.498 ad at level 1

7 AP at level 1

(3.75% AP bonus)

6 flat AD marks, .95 AD * 6 = 5.7 ad

6 flat AP glyphs: 1.19 AP * 6 = 7.14 AP

This leaves you with a total of 9.198 ad, and 14.67 ap. (you need 10 bonus AD, and 25 bonus AP for the respective passives)

You still have 2 quints-- 4.95 ability power x2 will bring you to the needed 25 bonus ap.

You just need a single flat damage yellows... .43 AD means 9.628 ad.
24.8814 AP = 25 effective AP, 9.628 AD means 10 bonus effective AD.

Yep.

Fenori

01-22-2013

Ohh yay awesome! I think it is just 20 AP that I need for one passive, so that should be good. Thanks so much!!

Enygm4

01-22-2013

Don't do that, is stupid, ok get early spell vamp, I will see you throwing kamas.
Ok get extra damage for your Q nice.
I prefer magic pen, and movement speed, also I build her hybrid with mobility boots, I was playing her for a long 1 year or a bit more, and I enjoy and laugh a lot when I see an enemy akali starting with both hands actives.
Mobility is the perfection for an assasin, your passive won't be useful at very early game, seriously, you know that, after 6 is there when you need your passives, regaeblade solves it, then hextech, then trinity force/lich's bane.
Try it, you will feel the true akali's power.

Fenori

01-22-2013

Ahh really? o.o

So is there no point in getting the passives at level 1? I was thinking of getting the boots after they were up. I'm confused sorry XD

Cheap0

01-22-2013

Save your IP for runes that you'll genuinely want for a wide mix of champions once you hit 30. You'll be glad you did. Getting what you need to trigger her passive before 30 will involve buying AP Seals and Glyphs which are pretty suboptimal and not very useful for a lot of champions. You'd probably just be better off buying Armor yellows and MR blues, then triggering the extra damage from AP with your first Amplifying tome.

However, flat attack damage runes are definitely runes you'll want to have. 7 flat attack damage reds + masteries can get you the damage you need for spellvamp at level 1 with masteries (you'll need level 21 summoner though). AD reds are also useful on top-laners, junglers, AD carries, and even some supports, so you can't really go wrong with them.

Fenori

01-22-2013

Okk

For a wide range it would be armor and MR then? Do I also get the Quints?

personally I'm ok with dedicating a page to Akali lol, I like her that much XD but I guess it isn't very good as I only have 2..