The Doorknob Champion Select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DalaxV

01-22-2013

One question: Is it true that it is pick over call in the champion select?

If it is, or if it isn't. I am sick of the people who say, "M3 4ND MI FRI3ND GO T0P 0r WE rep0t" Why can't you just learn how to top, mid, bot, and jungle so you can adapt to every situation that you are stuck in? Seriously people?

*INSTALOCK LEE SIN*

Feror

01-22-2013

I've never heard anyone say "M3 4ND MI FRI3ND GO T0P 0r WE rep0t"
XD
But almost everyone likes one role better than all the others.
And I say if your not a jerk then you will respect it if someone says "top" or "mid". And let them play that role.
But if someone says "mid or i feed" and instalocks Master Yi then I'm going to dodge.

Yasako

01-23-2013

Pick > Call, but Instalock = Rude.
Picking is different from locking in. You pick to show that you want the role and that you're comfortable playing it, but you can still adjust the team comp if someone else is more proficient at something else.

Squabblez

01-25-2013

The biggest problem is that top and mid are the most wanted spots in the team.Usually those who lock in these positions anyways after first or second choice calls it and picks are trolls. The only thing you can do is screenshot and submit a support ticket. It does work albeit very slowly. But you just have to keep doing the right thing which is not responding to the general negative attitude. In my experience though if you know that you're going to lose with this person dodge and take a 30 min. break away from the game. Trolls stress you out and there's no reason to go back into the fray stressed.

SlitYourWrist

01-25-2013

Draft pick: pick order determines priority

Blind pick: anything goes

Welcome to League of Legends.

Revelation22

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feror View Post
I've never heard anyone say "M3 4ND MI FRI3ND GO T0P 0r WE rep0t"
XD
But almost everyone likes one role better than all the others.
And I say if your not a jerk then you will respect it if someone says "top" or "mid". And let them play that role.
But if someone says "mid or i feed" and instalocks Master Yi then I'm going to dodge.
And then not be able to play for 24 hours??

Only 30 minutes in my case because I am somewhat new and rarely dodge so as not to increase this time! I understand that the time will gradually increase for dodging behavior?

I agree with your point about letting a good player play their role esspecially when you can quietly view their game history in a second monitor window to comfirm their abilities to play the stated and requested role.

The main thing I think we need at this point is for all the top picks #1, #2, and #3 spots to clearly and quickly identify their roles and actually announce them in the chat! because often players do not, as a low ELO player I am in the number five needing to know my role. And the clock is ticking when it gets to #4 and #5 picks because the people up top did not announce their roles there is often like five seconds left to get your pick done.

I think a lot of TROLLS happen this way.. for the most part I know in this place #4 or #5 pick, sometimes #3 for me.. that I'm gonna be support or ADC so it's kind of a nonissue and I watch for role pick etc. And then I can determine my role.

I just think it would go a long way if people would type or speak (in my case, Dragon Naturally Speaking) their roles.

The end.

Flagrock

01-26-2013

Sadly, if people ACTUALLY READ the Summoner's Code, it says pick order is BEFORE calling. It's nice to "call". Calling = what you're good at NOT WHAT YOU ARE ENTITLED TO. I am getting sick and tired of going into ranked, being first pick and saying "hey I'm going to go top" and having 4th or 5th going "TOP TOP TOP TOP", and then proceeding to insta lock and say "gtfo of top". Can we please have Riot get a pre/post game report system or at least a built in "surrender" in que so if 4 people say yes the game is dropped. I'm tired of having these little kids trolling me and losing ELO because I have to put up with terrible players and self-centered people. The Tribunal does not seem to be working seeing as at least 25-50% of my ranked games turn out like this and I'm not even in the "Elo Hell" bracket.