Need help Ryze against Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ixalmaris

11-30-2009

Several time now my Ryze has faced of against Ashe (probably the most used character as far as I have seen) and I always get pushed back as there seems to be nothing I can do against her early game. Her range greater, she deals more damage and while I can get her low with e+q its never enough to kill her while she seems to be able to kill easily when she gets a drop on Ryze.

Ryze stun doesn't hold really long while Ashe can slow you long enough for a kill. And if you get hit by her ult its over.
Also, volley keeps me at range.

The only thing I seem to be able to do is to stay behind minions and hope not to die and by the time the tower is really in danger teammates will come.

Has anyone some hints how to play against Ashe?

I know much of what can be said will be useless with tomorrows patch and the Ryze rework, but I still would appreciate it.

yoplate

11-30-2009

Ashe is a very good laner, if you are soloing, you might want to ask for a lane switch, or ask for a partner. Also, buy health potions to reduce her harassment effectiveness. Remember keep creeps in between you and ashe or you will get hurt.
If no one comes to help, try to hide in your tower, and when she comes to shoot the tower, use your spells to nuke away her health

F3nr1s

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2009

dont solo Ashe until late game with Ryze. Ryze is my fav hero atm and I have gotten stuck with her many times. Pump your AP to a point where its retarded then laugh in her face when you prison -> bounce ulti -> overload kill her. The problem is getting close. Flash is a fun ability to surprise but otherwise just try ganks and avoid going alone until you have some pretty good items. Just remember when using his ult that it CAN bounce on you so 1v1 you will do INCREDIBLE damage to a hero (6 bounces meaning 3 on her of 240 + AP is a hell of alot.)

condon

11-30-2009

In short, don't come at her from the front. Wait until she's trying to chew up one of your allies and come out behind her with a stun/nuke, then melt away if shes not dead. The key is to hit her hard and fast before she can even get a slow off on you, if possible juke behind creep while you're bolting so she can't volley you. that, or have someone come gank her and then just avoid confrontation till late game, as fenris said.

Ryze isn't a skill hero, it's a sneaky hero. You need to find a way to deliver your ult without dying. Learn to love bushes, and know when to get out instead of pressing the issue.

DCode

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2009

Ryze is getting reworked and will ship with the next patch as far as i know (today),
so your strat will change a bit.

Ashe isnt the worst to 1v1 mid, sivir or corki and all kinds of annoying too.

The only thing you can do is stay behind the minions to avoid the volley, and when
she hits lvl 6 keep a close eye on her items and her mana, and figure out if she
has enough for a frost arrow, if she does, dont stand around with 50% hp.