"Anchor" champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Temlam

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radamanthys3 View Post
Nidalee is not useless in team fights but not very good either so I can't see her fitting the description

Kayle could work as well, she has the damage to carry and decent support spells to... support.
she isnt perticularly huge no, but can deal decent damage, kill runners, and support to keep her carries alive and hurting faster than ever.

The OP only asked about good control in team fights. Nidalee controls pretty well.

edit:
she's also very good for baiting a teamfight.

Ardeaf

10-21-2010

I forgot about Twisted Fate... that guy is a beast lol. At my level, though, you hardly see it (not even playing ranked yet, but practicing carrying in solo queues for it.)

OmniOmega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

Sounds like you are going for an initiator/tank/tanky-dps

I've heard Malphite is the king of initiation, I've never played as him, with him, or against him though.

You might want to take a look at Pantheon. Although some consider him underwhelming, he's got a poke (spear shot), map control (skyfall is a global teleport), initiation (the shield bash thing that stuns people). I don't know about his pushing abilities.

You may also want to take a look at the standard tanks (Shen, Amumu, Rammus) and champions like Garen and Tryndamere.

Sorry if I'm completely wrong, I'm still kinda new to this game too .__.

Tekkzy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

I would suggest rammus. He is an awesome initiator and team leader. His roll combined with flash and low cd 3 sec taunt allow him to control the key members of the opposite team. He puts out a tremendous amount of damage in the middle of a team fight with this ult as well.

BigBlueFish

10-22-2010

Nasus. His voiceovers are OP.

Zelink

10-22-2010

rolf people seem to under estimate nunu, very solid push in game and his utl iis very nice, well for me gankplank with crt runes is lethal i rem one i had 100% crt till the other team got fed up and raged quit, i did mal in like 2 ****s then used my utl to make team then then 1 shot i picked them off.

dovvntempo

10-22-2010

Janna is similar to Anivia in that she can dictate how a team fight pans out with the cc she has. When you face a good Janna it feels like you can't even get near the team and everyone is tanky. I used to play Anivia too, and still do at times. She can also push well.

Galio I feel fits the bit pretty well. Galio can push very well. Conversely he can defend very well. In teamfights his poking keeps distance between enemies and your team, and should anyone come in you've got Q to slow and W to buff yourself or allies. And of course... that ult. If you learn to use it well then teamfights go your way, period. When I break out of ult it's usually to E + Q the remaining squishies at low life.

and even though he doesn't have hard cc to dictate fights... the way a Mord rolls on in ( on my team ) just makes me feel fuzzy inside.

Damoklese

10-22-2010

Im gonna say Taric is your best bet.

An aura Taric makes everyone better. He is durable and can run head first into trouble.. stunning and causing mayhem that his aura-boosted teammates can take advantage of.

If any champion is a "leader".. someone who everyone else rallys around and becomes stronger with... id say its Taric.

Brontobeuf

10-22-2010

I'd say: Panth, TF, Ashe.

dovvntempo

10-22-2010

yeah how could I have forgotten taric?!