Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Community...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Death By Ashe

01-22-2013

Hi I just recently started playing this game. I am of half indian and half Asian descent. I was duo queuing with my buddy and he called me by my real name once. Our team members instantly picked up on this and started to harass the **** out of me for being indian. They said all kind of slurs like "I am Ganesh bro obey me you fkin brown b1thed suicide bomber" or "One order of curry please you third world slave who earns a dollar a day". The worst part is even the enemy team started to do this. It was only my 5th game ever and I had a score of 3/10/7 at the end. It wasn't like I was worst in my team but for being not caucasian or pure Asian I was. I was horrified about the immaturity and ignorance of this community of this community.

Death By Ashe

01-22-2013

Bump

ThatONeillGuy

01-22-2013

Sorry that happened to you. One problem in League is that low-level accounts don't necessarily belong to new players. They may be experienced players whose main accounts were banned, possibly for the same kind of behavior you saw in that game.

The best you can do is mute those kinds of people (hold tab and click on the speech bubble icon beside that player's name), and then report them after the game (click on the red exclamation mark next to that player's name in the post-game screen). Just don't announce that you're doing so in chat or ask other players to report them as well.

Death By Ashe

01-22-2013

Why should I have to put up with this ****? I came here to have fun not to be discriminated for being born with slightly darker skin.

Sereg Anfaug

01-22-2013

Quote:
Death By Ashe:
Why should I have to put up with this ****? I came here to have fun not to be discriminated for being born with slightly darker skin.

Then don't. You're free to leave any time you like.

You also have the option of fixing it by reporting the offensive players, who will then be actioned by the Tribunal.

ThatONeillGuy

01-22-2013

Muting and reporting ≠ putting up with it.

GON the Mage Guy

01-22-2013

Mute and report. Hit Tab while in game, there's a bubble to the far right next to the player's name and stats, click that to mute them. Click the red button next to their name in post-game chat, select the report reason, and type why.

Also, please don't jump to conclusions about the whole community, that's just as bad as him jumping to conclusions about your race. I personally don't appreciate being lumped in with the people you played with, so I ask that you don't. One guy isn't the whole community. Five guys aren't the whole community. You will run into jerks in ANY online game, but this game has a way to potentially punish and remove them. So, mute and report. Don't respond.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

01-22-2013

The community gives into their desires by playing games in the first place. These desires are what make up the wicked hearted and if you give in then it is considered wicked. The world is wicked which is why the gaming industry is a boooming industry. Too many people live life to satisfy their own desires, these days.

Since it is a wicked life style, they manifest many other wicked traits of the beast 666 aswell. Torment is just one of many you experienced. You are wicked just like them since you here too, cursed is the man who disobeys the word of god, and blessed is the man who obeys. Since you are disobeying god, maybe you kind of asked for this torment yourself just by simply being in the presence of such wicked people and doing the same wicked things they do.

Everything you do is a step to either cursing yourself, or blessing yourself. I don't think any one ever said "me playing video games all these years has really been a blessing" with out straight up cold face lying. It is a "curse" and riot hit the nail head on when they used terms like "smite" and "hex" which are synonyms. The same area of the bible in deuteronomy that talks about blessings and curses, also uses the word smite alot. Hex is another way of saying curse, basically. They know giving into desires is one way to get someone to curse themself. Like giving them candy. Gaming is a desire that has a different affect than candy but is still a desire, that curses if you endulge. The less endulging the better. 0 sin is better than some. Moderation they say is ok, but they don't understand that 0 is better than moderating it.

Sereg Anfaug

01-22-2013

Sorry about that guy. He's trolling - try to ignore him.

Delete Teemo

01-22-2013

every game has a few bad eggs. Just ignore them and focus on the friendly, nice people.