A Train's Guide to AP Nasus.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HBAFreightTrain

02-26-2013

bump

vortical42

02-27-2013

May want to take a look at this:

Apparently Liandries is bugged and not doing the full amount of damage. You may want to update the original post to note this.

HBAFreightTrain

03-02-2013

I will no longer be updating this thread. Lack of testers combined with some serious hatred from some in the community make it seriously not worth it. If I kept playing this, I'll end up banned as every game I don't win with a huge score will turn into reports for trolling and people are just auto-punishing right now. This community is seriously toxic when it comes to non-standard builds and I no longer recommend these builds. They work but unless you have a 100% win streak, you're going to eventually have a bad game and end up reported.

Shippidi xD

03-03-2013

I think I may have found a solid build for top with AP Nasus. Keep in mind that the order you build these in will differ for whatever champion that you're laning against, this is just my usual order:

Started with Flask and 3 Mana Pots
1) Sheen + Ward
2) Chain Vest + Ward
3) Iceborn Gauntlet + Boots + Ward
4) Merc/Tabi (Depends on enemy team) + Ward
5) Giant's Belt + Amplifying Tome
6) Rylia's Crystal Scepter + Amplifying Tome + Ward
7) Haunting Guise + Amplifying Tome
8) Sell Flask, buy Liandry's Torment + Chain Vest/Negatron Cloak (Depends on enemy team)
9) Sunfire Cape/Abyssal Scepter (Depending on what item you got)
10) Abyssal Scepter or Sunfire Cape (Whichever one you didn't get last time)

This build gets you just above 3k HP with 300AP, 105 Armor, 70 MR (about 170 Armor/130 MR with base resists), Massive slows with Iceborn + Rylia's, and Massive AoE with Ult + Spirit Fire + Sunfire Cape (Abyssal Scepter works wonders with the AoE)

My Runes are:
Marks: Flat Magic Pen. x9
Seal: Flat Armor x9
Glyph: Scaling AP x9
Quints: Flat AP x3

My Masteries are 9/21/0 with 4 in Sorcery, 4 in Blast, and 1 in Arcane Knowledge for Offense.
Defense is 4 in Durability, 3 in Hardiness, 1 in Resistance, 2 in Unyielding, 2 in Relentless, 1 in Veteran's Scars, 1 in Block, 3 in Tenacious, 3 in Juggernaut, and 1 in Honor Guard.

Shippidi xD

03-03-2013

I forgot to add that I run Teleport and Ghost for my Summoner Spells.

I also forgot to add that I level my spells like this:

E, Q, E, W, Q, R, E, E, Q, E, R, Q, Q.

This should ensure that you don't run out of mana as fast as you would if you were to keep leveling E earlier on. ALSO POTS!!! Mana pots are your best friend early game, always get 2-3 every back in the earlier levels.

HBAFreightTrain

03-16-2013

QualityPlayer, one of the streamers who picked up on AP Nasus, has been banned for two weeks because every time he lost, they reported him for trolling. While AP Nasus is now being more accepted, unconventional builds still get you banned. Be careful

FerousOxide

06-19-2013

So I know this is old, but Nasus has always been my favorite champ, and ive recently been looking at playing him in a new style. Looked at this and got some good ideas, ive been consistently winning now, havent had an enemy champ give me trouble besides heimerdinger and his damn turrets. Heres how ive taken to building him:

Starting Dorans ring, one mana pot and one health pot.
On first back i grab Kages lucky pick,
On second back I grab Averice Blade giving me two gold gain items, good AP and some crit chance.
Next i build a full Zhonyas Hourglass,
Followed by Nashors tooth, with the update on nashors tooth it works perfect for AP nasus.
Lich Bane is next, giving me some more movement speed.
After that comes phantom dancer for even more movement speed.
I then finish into morelenomicon
And last Staticc shiv.

I use Hybrid Pen marks
Armor Seals
Flat Magic resist Glyphs
Movement speed Quints

With this build plus the movement speed quints i move faster than most people do that grab boots (about 410) The total cost is 16k which is 1k less than my tank nasus build and with two gold gain items i normally get about 1k off of each of them by the time im building them up.

My summoner spells are Exhaust and Ignite.
When an opponent gets low ignite allows me to hit them while they are trying to get away, and not have to try to run after them. This build also gives max CD which means i can effectively wither, when it runs out, exhaust, and then wait 3 seconds and wither again completely removing their adc from the battle.

Masteries I run 21/9/0
Going down the AP path obviously, and grabbing veterans scars from defense for that extra early game start.

HisRedeemed

08-23-2013

HBA Freight Train,

I see that you said you are discontinuing this thread, but I would highly recommend getting back to this again. I typically main Nasus, and my desire is to take advantage of his extreme versatility in terms of play styles. Depending on who you're playing with, you'll easily be able to deceive the enemy team so long as you know what you're doing. I highly enjoy being able to counter what is perceived to be Nasus counters. There is a lot I'm still learning myself in terms of how to properly play AP Nasus, and this hybridization of Nasus has been something I am in particular, interested in. The fact that you can easily exploit the enemies weaknesses gives you a huge advantage. Sure, you're correct in it's not quite so accepted in the community, but if you give up now, then how will you ever count on it being accepted? People as of this moment, may be more inclined to accepting this than they ever have. I just wanted to encourage you to continue on doing what you're doing. I'd love to shoot some ideas back and forth with you as I continue to get my game down with him.

vortical42

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerousOxide View Post
So I know this is old, but Nasus has always been my favorite champ, and ive recently been looking at playing him in a new style. Looked at this and got some good ideas, ive been consistently winning now, havent had an enemy champ give me trouble besides heimerdinger and his damn turrets. Heres how ive taken to building him:

Starting Dorans ring, one mana pot and one health pot.
On first back i grab Kages lucky pick,
On second back I grab Averice Blade giving me two gold gain items, good AP and some crit chance.
Next i build a full Zhonyas Hourglass,
Followed by Nashors tooth, with the update on nashors tooth it works perfect for AP nasus.
Lich Bane is next, giving me some more movement speed.
After that comes phantom dancer for even more movement speed.
I then finish into morelenomicon
And last Staticc shiv.

I use Hybrid Pen marks
Armor Seals
Flat Magic resist Glyphs
Movement speed Quints

With this build plus the movement speed quints i move faster than most people do that grab boots (about 410) The total cost is 16k which is 1k less than my tank nasus build and with two gold gain items i normally get about 1k off of each of them by the time im building them up.

My summoner spells are Exhaust and Ignite.
When an opponent gets low ignite allows me to hit them while they are trying to get away, and not have to try to run after them. This build also gives max CD which means i can effectively wither, when it runs out, exhaust, and then wait 3 seconds and wither again completely removing their adc from the battle.

Masteries I run 21/9/0
Going down the AP path obviously, and grabbing veterans scars from defense for that extra early game start.
The hybrid idea is interesting, but I'm not really sure why you would go for attack speed. If the reason for picking up some of those items (PD and SS especially) was the movespeed there are better options. Rather than build Kages into the nomicon, why not build into Twin Shadows? You get a 6% MS boost, some much needed MR (especially if you aren't building SV) and some extra CC. Instead of PD, why not a Ghostblade? The armor pen and CDR are much better for him than the crit and you get a great mobility tool as well. If you want to go the Hybrid Carry route, here would be my suggested build:

Zhona's
Lichbane
TwinShadows/Ghostblade
Nashors
boots
Liandries

HisRedeemed

08-23-2013

I think his idea there was for more auto attacks which will allow for a great opportunity of crits. One idea I was thinking of was something of this nature.

Iceborn
Liandry's
Rylai's / RoA
Zhonya's
Ravenous Hydra
Merc Treads (Late Game: Zephyr)

Figured this would be solid in terms of hybridization. Although personally I'm a bigger fan with the Lichbane. My other idea was something along these lines.

Lich
Iceborn
Randuin's Omen
Liandry's
Zhonya's
Merc Treads (Late Game: Sunfire Cape / Banner of Command)

I like the Liandry's / Rand's combo. Whither ADC, Ult, Spirit Fire, and Q. I know what you're thinking about the two Spellblade passives probably, but from what I've read they actually do work together. Where the one with the most damage will hit your main target (Lichbane), the other will hit those around you with an AOE + AOE Slow (Iceborn). Just an idea. Let me know if you think there is anything that could be changed or improved upon.