More stackable items like Plate of Warmage: POST YOURS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yuan Shikai

01-26-2013

The Plate wasn't created because they wanted to add more stacking items, it was created to make AP's not have to wait for Zhonya's anymore to have an efficient armor ap item, so they created one as one of its components, no other item has this problem.

ParaBellam

01-26-2013

I play a lot of farming champs, notably heimerdinger. This is why I would like more stacking items. If the max amount of stacks were to be limited reasonably (see: tear of the goddess, plate of war mage) then it would work fine. Old warmogs was too op. I balanced my item around having a max of... Roughly 250 cs a game. It would indeed take 180 cs to max it out, which I think is a fair amount.

The key part is the balance. Old warmogs was broken.

Wishing for more suggestions, though. I made this thread to brainstorm, didn't think it would cause such ****storm.

FreeGothitelle

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lord Impaler View Post
Also their is obvious potential to stack Mana per kill, given the CS available a 1:1 or even 2:1 ratio with no upper limit shouldn't be unbalanced compared with things like Manamune and Archangels Staff that can provide 1000 mana. Being CS based would give Champs with cool downs too long for the Tear derived items to use a good option for stacking mana.
Infinite mana?
Ryze and singed approve.

Nea De Penserhir

01-27-2013

Quote:
Incentive for killing Champs - You get gold to buy items, AND enemies get a timeout

Plenty of incentive if you ask me.

Clearly you belive Riot should remove all the items that have kill stacking.
Right, because those champions are just going to stay there and let you kill them.

And even if they did?

What part about killing that champion makes you not want to farm anyways?

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Quote:
Incentive for killing Champs - You get gold to buy items, AND enemies get a timeout

Plenty of incentive if you ask me.

Clearly you belive Riot should remove all the items that have kill stacking.
inb4 Mejai's and Occult are almost never used because unless you can keep at least 7 stacks, they're not worth the gold you pay for them.

The farm incentive is gold. Killing champions has the incentive of being able to take down turrets so you can reach their nexus, which is the goal of the game.

Ryrok

01-27-2013

This requires 180 CS to max AFTER you get it, which means you'll have to farm like crazy just to max it out in a long game.

Plus, I think it incentivizes your AP leaving team fights to go farm, which isn't great.

I'm also concerned about there being so many different types of stacking items—catalyst/rod, tear/muramana/archangels, now this. Basically choosing one makes the others way harder to justify, which makes builds more rigid, not less.