New Lightbringer Comes At A Cost

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kholdstare13

01-22-2013

That cost, of course, is the old lightbringer, savior of ranged ADC from the horror known only as bush. Moving stealth detection to the mist was a fine move, and we are all relieved for trap detection. We return, however, to the problem of ranged carries being generally outclassed. The worst of it comes from bush and corners.

Bruisers chasing into bush are close enough that they will enter and maintain vision almost instantly, and have little to fear as long as the position of all foes is accounted for.

Ranged carries no longer have a safe way to follow even a low health bruiser into a bush without the help of an ally. They cannot chase in, as the bruiser will be waiting for him to offer himself up into melee range. They should not simply ignore them, as the bruiser will come off cooldown and likely come back with gap closer and cc at the ready.

The new lightbringer is great, but it really is just an upgraded grez, which generally goes on bruisers. I suggest we bring back the bush/corner utility of the old lightbringer in a new form. The example below also brings back the old ionic spark's survivability that ranged/attack speed items have been missing as well.

Example:
[Summoner]'s Crosshairs (ranged only) :

Ruby Crystal (475) + Recurve Bow (950) + 675g (2100 total)

300 health
40% attack speed

Unique Passive - Hawkeye: Your ranged basic attacks reveal the target for 3 seconds. This does not reveal stealthed champions.

(optional)
Unique Passive - Trap Detection: Nearby stealthed enemy traps are revealed.
Unique Active: Covers a target area in a stealth-detecting mist that grants vision for 10 seconds. 60 second cooldown.

Whether or not you want to add the lb/sweeper passives on the same item may vary. This thread is not dedicated to a specific item idea, but rather that one passive (Hawkeye). I feel that this passive is much needed for ranged ADCs on Dominion, and dearly hope it finds its way onto some form of item.

konfetarius

01-22-2013

Life tip - Grez Lantern is ridiculous for every AD champion. That includes AD carries, and that means you will generally have a bush reveal every minute.

If you need more than that, you are spending too much time chasing things face first into bush as an AD carry, and that's a terrible habit to have.

inFe eD

01-22-2013

So speaketh the facechecklord.

DiscworldDeath

01-22-2013

Time to start taking Clairvoyance, amirite?

TBH, AD is useful on a lot more champions than AS. You still have the active.

And like with Sweeper, you now have to make a decision to actually gain vision, and there's also room for counterplay due to the cooldown. "Dumb" sight without you having to do anything for it is less interesting. You were going to auto attack them anyway.

konfetarius

01-22-2013

Quote:
So speaketh the facechecklord.
I clear the way for cowards on Ezreals and Shacos.

FDru

01-22-2013

Old Lightbringer passive was so OP. If it had no damage stats and just the passive, it would still be worth every gold it costs.

That's why it was changed.

Foxxle

01-23-2013

Vayne was wrecking in Dominion, there's no escape from her once she got her lightbringer.

Now you actually need to think when you want to reveal someone in bush.

Hrondir

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
Life tip - Grez Lantern is ridiculous for every AD champion. That includes AD carries, and that means you will generally have a bush reveal every minute.

If you need more than that, you are spending too much time chasing things face first into bush as an AD carry, and that's a terrible habit to have.
I'm very guilty of this. that's why I no longer play Draven or Vayne. I still play ashe becasue grez+E= a strong enough ****** buffer fo me to get away with it. Although I need to either quit playing squish masters or remember I'm no longer playing Skarner and can just go where I want.

nukular power

01-24-2013

Miss Fortune + Grez + Statikk Shiv = every Teemo dies