Unintended Vilemaw Behavior

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gadrel Amon

01-22-2013

I posted this in the bug reports forum, but my post quickly sank several pages back without a reply. Basically, there is a way to ascertain whether the opposing team is fighting vilemaw without vision of the vilemaw area.

To reproduce:

1. Make sure your team has no vision of the vilemaw area. This bug can be reproduced with your entire team in the fountain.
2. Move your camera over the vilemaw area. With the fog of war it will be blacked out.
3. The enemy team begins to fight vilemaw.
4. Listen to the sound effects from your client. You will distinctly hear the sound effect from vilemaw's ground slam as the enemy team fights vilemaw. You will hear every ground slam.
5. ???
6. Profit

I don't think that this is intended behavior since Twisted Treeline is a "wardless" map. It certainly doesn't work this way on Summoners' Rift when a team is fighting dragon or baron. Every time I back I move my camera over the vilemaw area if I think the enemy team might engage him, and I instantly know if and when they do. This probably isn't very fair since I doubt many people realize this behavior exists.

FOODFOOD

01-22-2013

I believe that happens at Baron too.

Goggris

01-22-2013

I always just keep a vision ward on vilemaw.

Bobinatorlol

01-22-2013

I like to have a pink ward on Vile but that's just me I guess.

Or a Teemo. That works too.

Sneaky Thing

01-22-2013

Things like sounds effects from Baron and Vilemaw, as well as certain particla effects from champions can be heard and seen through the fog of war.

Have you ever noticed you can see Shaco's smoke cloud when he stealths even when he's on the enemy team and it's in the fog of war?

Luofsix

01-22-2013

Things like shako's smoke are intended. There was a time when it didnt happen and it was changed to it's current state.

Lachrimae

01-22-2013

and the first capturing of the altars is see-able!

pig of denmark

01-22-2013

yeah you can see Altars be captured through fog of war

gregorymarco

01-22-2013

It was meant to do that.